CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
Who we are:
CenturyLink’s award winning Hybrid Connectivity and SD WAN solutions provide a secure, scalable, and cost effective public-private network across a full range of connectivity types. We design and implement SDN (Software Defined Networking) and NFV (Network Function Virtualization) components and interfaces for CenturyLink in order to intelligently scale network services and enable rapid development and deployment of advanced cutting-edge features and services, and provide industry leading security, performance and reliability.
Who we hire:
We are seeking candidates who live and breathe Linux, network protocols, love to code, and who build network systems and services, taking things from idea to production. The ideal candidate is highly motivated and technically talented with experience working on Open Source software and familiarity with OpenStack. In this role, you will work with seasoned engineers who are creating new products and services using leading-edge NFV and SDN technology. As a key member of the team you will be working in a fast-paced agile environment and contributing to all phases of the software development lifecycle from concept and design to testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or equivalent major such as Computer Science, MIS, or Software Engineering
- Very proficient with a modern programming language such as Java, C#, Node.js, GO, Python or similar
- 4+ years software development experience with cloud architecture, infrastructure, or network protocols experience
- 4+ years Agile or Devops experience
- Proven experience with Linux, networking / NFV / SDN, or virtualization technologies such as KVM
- OpenStack or Open Source development experience highly desirable
- Expert Python language skills; experience with scripting and Ansible a plus
- Familiarity with systems orchestration and/or automation testing
- Experience developing APIs or Microservices a plus
- Proficient with Linux/Unix Systems (Red Hat/CentOS)
- Networking technologies and protocols (L2 switching, L3 routing)
- Kernel, Utilities, Installation, package management
- Development of reliable, fault-tolerant software
- Please only apply if you are interested in positions in Denver/Broomfield, CO or Boston/Framingham, MA
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield; US-Colorado-Littleton; US-Massachusetts-Framingham
Requisition #: 204242
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.