Division/Section: General Counsel
Workdays & Hours: *Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
*Subject to change
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The City of Houston Legal Department seeks a skilled, energetic, team-oriented Paralegal who is self-motivated and excited to be a part of the General Counsel Section's team. The core functions and duties of the Paralegal include, but are not limited to:
- Processing Texas Public Information Act (TPIA) requests in compliance with statutory deadlines, corresponding with departments and requestors regarding requests, researching and drafting arguments to the Texas Attorney General's Office to prevent disclosure of requested information, redacting documents for production, and preparing weekly interdepartmental reports.
- Performing legal research on a wide variety of matters.
- Assisting attorneys in drafting various documents such as legal opinions, interoffice memoranda, legal briefs, ordinances, resolutions, motions, and agreements including formatting, reviewing, and verifying documents for accuracy.
- Opening and closing files, tracking invoices, and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Working in Word, Outlook, Excel and other software programs.
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Houston, TX, Texas