Senior Performance Engineer
Apex Systems, the nation’s 2nd largest IT Workforce Solutions organization, has an immediate and exciting opportunity for a Senior Performance Engineer role for one the largest Financial firms in Columbus, Ohio. This opportunity is for a 3 month contract-to-hire.
Applicants must have 7+ years engineering experience in an enterprise level environment. If you’d like to receive Job Alerts from Apex that match your specific criteria, visit itcareers.apexsystemsinc.com.
Company & Group Details of Senior Performance Engineer:
- The Senior Performance Engineer will work with and as a part of a small collaborative team in a fast paced enterprise environment to help with monitoring performance.
- The individual will need to be able to have a self-starter mentality while being able to be a team player, and a willingness to learn and utilize new technologies.
- Work for one of the region’s Top Financial Firms.
The organization offers several perks including but not limited to: training opportunities, great benefits, an onsite café and Starbucks, heavily involved with the community and philanthropy.
Requirements for the Senior Performance Engineer:
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to several different teams.
- Able to plan, design, develop, and execute scripts for performance.
- Work with Architects, Platform Engineers and Operations Teams to support testing, and monitor network and systems performance.
- Experience with enterprise monitoring tools and scripting.
- Provide escalation support and troubleshooting with Network and Systems Teams.
Technologies for the Senior Performance Engineer:
- 7+ years design, installation, configuring, and integration enterprise monitoring tools.
- Working knowledge of Compute, Storage, Network, and Systems performance.
- Able to work with Architects and Engineers to help develop roadmaps and selection of monitoring tools.
- Worked with and a thorough understanding of enterprise monitoring tools (Zenoss, Dynatrace APM, ServiceNow, and/or Splunk).
- Working experience with hypervisors (ESX, Hyper-V, and/or Xen).
- College Degree in Computer Science or equivalent business experience.
*Please note that as a contract employee of Apex Systems, you’d be eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay Periods; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts/Perks and our Referral Program
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178