ROLE: SENIOR PHOTOGRAPHER
REPORTS TO: LEAD PHOTOGRAPHER
At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years! Our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal – only three and half years after inception, we are active in nine markets, and on three continents.
We are recognized industry leaders—receiving over $300M in investor funding, as well as numerous awards for our outstanding products & service.
HelloFresh is in search of a full-time Senior photographer to join our in-house studio team in Boulder, CO. Reporting to the Lead Photographer, the candidate will work closely with our Brand Operations team to create exceptional photography.
The candidate should be passionate about food photography and experienced in an in-house production workflow. The right candidate will be comfortable shooting and assisting with both regular, recurring production projects as well as large campaigns with speed and efficiency, always resulting in beautiful imagery. The ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail is essential to success in this role.
- Work daily in a fast paced, high volume photography studio following SOPs to produce imagery that meets brand guidelines
- Create imagery across 3 brands for marketing, advertising, and social media campaigns.
- Recipe Photography across 3 brands.
- Work primarily in the studio with studio lighting generating food photography.
- Work with a talented team of art directors to create onbrand photography.
- Ensure all shot lists are followed and daily workload is accurately documented and achieved
- Execute shot lists while being able to adjust on the fly as needed, accommodate feedback, and add value where possible
- Ensure that recipe card photography accurately represents the customer experience
- Share responsibility for care, upkeep, and maintenance of studio workspace and equipment
- Perform regular administrative duties relevant to studio operations
- Work with the studio team—food & prop stylists—to create professional, refined photos and videos
- Perform file trafficking duties including uploading and downloading files, file transfers and backups, filling out post-production documents, and corresponding with post production partners and internal stakeholders on deliverables
- Edit photo content in appropriate post-production software and deliver files on deadline, in step with studio SOPs
- Manage critically important creative and client relationships
- Mentor team members with lighting
- Strong understanding of retouching, capture one and post production processes.
- Detail and Process Oriented: You have the ability to consistently produce imagery in line with brand guidelines within time and resource constraints
- Enthusiastic: A creative thinker and team player, which your colleagues would describe you as. Your organization and ability to communicate clearly and calmly under pressure with staff, team members, and clients make you an essential member of any workplace.
- Experienced: Have a history of creating high end photography either in-house or as a freelancer. You have a strong understanding of studio lighting and are passionate about food photography.
- Discerning: You have an acute ability to read lighting and master photography guidelines easily differentiating and replicating the unique visual identities of our brands and products
At a minimum, you have...
- Bachelor’s degree and four to six years photography and video experience
- Proficiency in Capture One, Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge, and Adobe Premiere Pro
- Demonstrated ability to shoot in a studio using lighting equipment, including continuous and strobe
- Strong food photography portfolio that demonstrates skill level and technical abilities
- Experience working collaboratively with food and prop stylists on set
- Ability to follow strict, detailed photography briefs and adjust to feedback and critique from stakeholders while on set
- Ability to create a solid composition while adhering to brand guidelines
- Experience with pacing and balance needed to work with food and fresh ingredients
- An understanding and feeling for food and shooting fresh ingredients
Our team is diverse, high-performing and international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive! Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran