NASA Ames has an ongoing requirement for scientific research, application development, and deployment of advanced information systems technology. This is a critical requirement to the NASA mission and other federal government projects. Join the Noblis team and help NASA research, design and develop next generation technologies that will shape the future of air and space flight missions and operations.
Noblis is looking for qualified candidates to fill a Senior Physicist position supporting a team of engineers and operations personnel in the areas of research, development, and deployment of tools and spacecraft and aircraft systems in support of NASA’s space, flight, test, and ground missions. The primary place of performance is Mountain View, CA but will support operational needs at neighboring facilities when required.
- Scientific research
- Systems concept formulation and engineering development
- Technical assessment and review
- Experienced Physicist or Physical Scientist
- PhD in science, engineering, physics, applied mathematics, applied physics, engineering physics, or physical chemistry plus 3+ yrs.; or a MS degree with 6+ yrs. related work experience; or a BS degree with 8+ yrs. related work experience
- Must have a minimum of two technical publications & presentations
- Demonstrated and experienced problem solver
- Demonstrated ability to work with abstract concepts and use solid physics-based approach to formulate physical models and apply them to current chemical, mechanical and/or engineering applications
- Experience mentoring and leading teams
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at noblis.org/about.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
· Support and lead evolving business development efforts by applying technical and functional expertise to develop business solutions.
· Lead proposal sections for small or limited competition proposals and actively participate in teaming strategy discussions