Senior Planner - Washington, DC (ID#15553)
**Active SECRET clearance required**
Candidates without an active Secret clearance will not be considered.
Cherokee Nation Mission Solutions (CNMS) is committed to delivering innovative solutions to solve its clients' toughest problems, whether it be in the next state or around the world. CNMS utilizes the most qualified teams to support each client's mission, providing responsive, strategic and innovative paths forward. CNMS makes it a priority to build personal, business relationships with each client and to consistently go above and beyond their expectations.
Conduct research, evaluate alternatives, develop analysis of homeland security and national emergency management policies/regulations to facilitate decision-making and propose new approaches to carrying out program initiatives
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide Department Policy/Plans Support
- Provide support in drafting strategic plans, complex plans, and brief courses of action
- Conduct research, evaluate alternatives, develop analysis of homeland security and national emergency management policies/regulations to facilitate decision-making and propose new approaches to carrying out program initiatives
- Apply a project management approach when developing, scoping, and implementing program initiatives
- Design and prepare materials for meetings, which may include facilitation activities
- Prepare issue papers, meeting summaries, and other documents as required under general program management
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree desired
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite products
- Possess general MS Excel (or other applications) spreadsheet utilization to capture and analyze data
- Have knowledge or experience with General Emergency Management concepts
- Understanding of national level policy, including the Post-Katrina Emergency Management Reform Act of 2006; Executive Order (E.O.) 12656, Assignment of Emergency Preparedness Responsibilities; National Exercise Program; National Security Presidential Memorandums, and the suite of deliverables in the formerly known as Presidential Policy Directive -8 National Preparedness
- Must have active Secret clearance
Primarily works in climate controlled office environment.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites.
Ifyou are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail "CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com" for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at"CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com". This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf