Ok, being a plumber may not be a glamorous job but working at the premier company with great benefits and very competive pay makes it much more exciting.
Come work at one of America's premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services companies ( made America's "100 Best Places to Work" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" lists among other awards),an employee-owned company that provides innovative services. Will service healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities and industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Journeyman Plumber or Senior Plumber (senior level) serves as a front-line resource to service technicians through technical support and provides guidance and training to other technicians. Responsible for plumbing installation, maintenance and repair of large or small commercial or residential equipment according to specifications and appropriate trade and building codes. Reads blueprints and drawings to understand or plan the layout of plumbing, waste disposal or water supply systems. Cuts, assembles and installs pipes and tubes with attention to existing infrastructure (e.g. electrical wiring). Installs and maintains water supply systems. May act as an informal resource for colleagues with less experience. Completes work with a limited degree of supervision and regularly provides guidance to others
- Diagnoses plumbing issues through observation, testing and setup. Performs disassembly and reassembly of large or small commercial or residential equipment to perform trouble shooting. Performs planned maintenance and inspections as indicated in the service agreement.
- Handles plumbing repairs: stoppages/cabling, pumping and backflow testing/repair/replacement, fixture install/replacement and general troubleshooting or repair, domestic water/sewer or storm water leak/repair, fixture rough in, pump replacement/repair, leak locating/line tracing, hydro jetting and camera.
- Responsible for water heater maintenance/troubleshooting/replacement and boiler maintenance, boiler pumps and circulating, boiler controler, troubleshooting and system installation.
- Completes service contracts, quoted projects and demand service calls as directed. Develops long-term relationships with customers and explains work performed to the customer's satisfaction. Communicates and documents project status to all project stakeholders.
- Coordinates multi-tech jobs, and accomplishes multiple tasks on multiple projects with minimal impact, if any, between projects. Reviews job contract specifications and assists with installation plan. Coordinates work so it aligns with the project and start-up schedule.
- Safely drives a motor vehicle and trailer, follows requirements of company vehicle driving policy and adheres to all company safety requirements.
- Completes documentation of invoicing data based on hours worked and materials/equipment used to complete the service.
- Maintains equipment, tools, and inventory stock on service vehicle.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- A minimul of five -seven years of plumbing experience preferrably as a service technicain.
- Required plumbing repair skills: stoppages/cabling, pumping and back flow testing/repair/replacement, fixture install/replacement, general troubleshooting and repair, domestic water/sewer or storm water leak/repair, fixture rough-in, pump replacement/repair, leak locating/line tracing, hydro jetting and camera.
- Required water heater skills: planned maintenance, troubleshooting and replacement.
- Required boiler skills: planned maintenance, boiler pumps and circulating, boiler controller (external), troubleshooting and system installation.
- Must have advanced knowledge of service processes, techniques and codes.
- Must be able to read schematics and blue prints.
- Performs as self-managed individual.
- Professional demeanor, solid interpersonal skills with good written and oral communication capability
- Trained and qualified to operate machinery such as scissor lifts, aerial lifts, fork lifts, etc. preferred.