Safety-Kleen in Norwell, Massachusetts is seeking a Senior Pricing Analyst to support key executives and managers by delivering analytical models and developing applications for pricing review. Advanced data base management skills are required.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- New Deal Evaluation: Evaluate lubricant deals using standard and custom-developed tools including bids, toll-blending, and multi-product segment opportunities
- Ongoing Deal Support: Evaluate price change requests vs.evolving market conditions and/ or corporate profitability objectives; participate as required in customer periodic business reviews and/ or pricing audits
- Pricing Analytics: Lead mass pricing actions including (but not limited to) market price increases, part number transitions, temporary pricing support, and promotional activities; conduct ad-hoc analysis using existing databases and custom-developed models; assist in setting regional list prices based on assessment of available competitive intelligence
- Pricing Toolkit Development: Maintain and enhance standard pricing tools used by direct and indirect sales channels; develop custom deal evaluation models for large and/ or complex deals which require additional or nuanced handling; develop standard reporting suite to facilitate margin analysis and administrative gaps
- Pricing Governance: Evaluate and recommend deal approval thresholds based on size and margin potential; review customer actual vs. estimated performance and recommend actions to adjust pricing, if needed; review cost changes for fast-moving and other critical products to determine impact to company profitability
- Pricing Leadership:Present and defend pricing recommendations to Sales and other senior pricing stakeholders, participate as required in senior leadership pricing reviews; support and mentor Pricing Analysts
- And perform other duties as required and prioritized by the VP of Pricing Management
What does it take to work for Safety Kleen?
- Education and Experience: Bachelor degree from an accredited 4-year college or university, with 5+ years of related experience or equivalent experience of education and experience. Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in MS Excel (including mathematical/ conditional/ referential formulas, pivot tables, and data modeling), PowerPoint and Word; knowledge in MS Power BI, Power Query, and Power View will be a strong advantage, as will database management skills (e.g., SQL, MS Access, etc.) and experience using Salesforce.com
- Analytical & Problem-Solving Skills: Deploys a systematic approach to evaluating pricing requests and can adapt it as required to meet new requirements; gathers and interprets quantitative and qualitative data using a variety of sources; can translate business requirements into models that may be evaluated under a variety of conditions
- Reasoning Skills: Able to assess the drivers of cost and profitability vs. varying market and customer-specific conditions; synthesizes information across varied data sources and complements with intuition and experience to recommend pricing strategies and/ or tactics; includes the appropriate stakeholders in decisions and can defend prior actions
- Communication Skills: Speaks/ writes clearly and persuasively, identifying key findings and takeaways and tailoring messaging style to the intended audience; listens well and requests clarification, if required; is comfortable presenting findings in a group environment, including at company leadership levels
- Interpersonal Skills: Acts with urgency to perform tasks quickly while demonstrating attention to detail; is accountable for the accuracy and quality of all produced deliverables; commits to long hours of work when necessary to achieve goals; is flexible regarding changing priorities; values the opinions of a diverse group of stakeholders and treats all people with respect
- Safety-Oriented Mindset: Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times
Join our team today! To learn more about our company and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK ™
We thank all those interested in joining the Safety-Kleen team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability.