At Northrop Grumman, ouremployees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems inair and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and forgenerations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances humandiscovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who havebold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent thefuture, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives onintellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self towork — and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think isimpossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
NorthropGrumman Aeronautics Systems is seeking a Senior Principal FinancialAnalyst(FA 4) to join us in the pursuit of top-tier financialperformance. This position will report to the manager of financial reporting and accounting and will have the followingresponsibilities:
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reporting data and analysis in support of the company’s U.S. Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) disclosure requirements.
- Analyze program financials, including, but not limited to: financial reporting and analysis; profitability analysis; analysis of aged balances; working capital analysis; analysis of remaining performance obligations; analysis of Net Earnings Adjustments (NEA) and other analysis and reporting as assigned.
- Prepare non-routine journal entries in SAP and HFM.
- Support Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance and documentation.
- Work with the finance and business management teams to develop strategies to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support special projects and accounting research on an ad hoc basis
- Support the development of presentations for, and occasionally brief to, Division and Sector leadership.
- Interface and coordinate with business, program, and sector personnel to drive process changes and resolve Sector wide issues.
- Mentor and act as a resource to junior members of the team