Location(s): CO - Denver
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what you’re looking for.
Under broad direction, solves complex problems/projects where analysis of data requires further inquiry and analysis to make recommendations. Develops models based on probabilistic, financial, and engineering analyses to quantify and optimize risks. Optimizing risk includes, but is not limited to, determining impacts to system reliability, operational performance, environment, jurisdictional and business financial performance, system safety, legal and regulatory compliance, and brand impact. Provides technical direction and leadership to less experienced team members.
- Develops models and metrics, as part of daily responsibilities, to quantify and manage risks. Evaluates strategic options for managing assets
- Develops methodologies for incorporating risk analytics to support decision making. Performs Life Cycle Cost analysis based on the developed models.
- Designs and performs quantitative studies of historical and forecasted spends. Perform Post Project Effectiveness evaluations
- Uses trends and analysis to recommend and support capital and O&M funding levels as part of the annual budget process.
- Continually defines and coordinates existing and future data requirements for the analysis necessary to optimally mitigate risk.
- Communicates risk management processes, results and recommendations to management and employees to support risk management
- Adhoc risk analysis as required
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, finance, engineering or equivalent.
- Advanced degree desired.
- Minimum of 7+ years of risk modeling work experience or related field required, including actuarial and risk management.
- Engineering/Utility Industry-Knowledge of utility business operations maintenance, engineering and systems.
- Quantitative/Statistical Modeling-Ability to develop and analyze predictive models, forecasting, and simulation.
- Ability to perform regression, correlation and trend analysis Accounting/Financial Modeling-Knowledge of accounting principles.
- Ability to build financial models.
- Ability to interpret financial statements. Computer Systems/Information Technology
- Advanced ability to use Excel (VBA), Access, MatLab, and other database programs and analytical tools. Advanced ability to collect, extract, and manipulate complex data files.
- Advanced knowledge of statistics and distribution risk modeling.
- Demonstrated analytical and financial analysis capabilities.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver || United States (US) || CFO Organization || 25285:Risk Analytics || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 15493
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org