MaxLinear is seeking a Senior Principal Systems Engineer focusing on Interface Products to join our San Jose, CA team. In this role, you will develop and support sophisticated serial transceivers, analog and digital interface products. The systems team participates in all stages of feasibility, development, productization and customer support of these products.
We are looking for an engineer who thrives in a high-energy and dynamic company. In this role, you will focus on:
- Defining features and technical requirements for serial transceivers including RS-232, RS-485 and CAN transceiver products
- Specification of procedures for product validation, compliance testing and interoperability
- Driving the design, implementation, and debugging of verification & validation (V&V) platforms emulating all functions of a design and post-silicon V&V, troubleshooting and debug
- Developing solid connections with key-customers to identify evolving product trends and requirements
- Consistent communication with Marketing to develop business opportunities and business cases
- Developing marketing, applications collateral, and providing key-customer support
- Global travel as needed
This versatile and dynamic team incorporates individuals with a diverse range of knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Strong background in RS-232, RS-485 and CAN transceivers connectivity protocols, standards and systems development
- Experience in definition of analog and digital interface products, features and cost understanding
- Experience in new product introduction, Tier 1 customer relationship and support
- Knowledge of analog/mixed-signal/digital hardware board design, development, debug application systems and root-cause analysis
- Hands on experience in equipment for bench testing, characterization and test automation
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related + 8 years of experience, or MS + 6 years of experience, Ph.D. + 3 years of experience
MaxLinear is a global, New York Stock Exchange-traded company (NYSE: MXL) where the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well. We are a fabless system-on-chip product company, designing highly integrated, radio-frequency, and mixed-signal Communications ICs for broadband and infrastructure applications.
We hire the best people in the world and engage them in some of the most exciting opportunities in our broadband and infrastructure markets. Our growth has come from innovative, bold approaches to solving some of the world’s most challenging communication technology problems.
MaxLinear began by developing the World’s first high-performance TV tuner chip using standard CMOS process technology. Others said we couldn’t achieve the extremely high performance requirements using CMOS, but we proved them wrong and achieved enduring global market leadership with our designs. Since then, we’ve developed a full line of products for satellite communications, cable modems, and terrestrial TV; diversified into high speed products addressing Datacom applications such as 400 Gbps fiber-optic interconnect chips for high-speed networks; and MoCA technology for home networking.
Our headquarters is in Carlsbad, near San Diego, California. We also have major design centers in Irvine and San Jose, CA; in Vancouver, Canada; in Valencia, Spain; and in Bangalore, India.
We have approximately 800 employees, a substantial majority of whom have engineering degrees, and include masters and Ph.D. graduates from many of the premiere universities around the world. Our engineers thrive on innovation, outstanding execution, outside-the-box thinking, nimbleness, and collaboration. Together, we form a high-energy business team that is focused on building great products.