At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We’re looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we’ll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Systems Engineer with experience in Power Electronic Systems and/or embedded real-time Control Systems. This position will be located in Sykesville, MD in our Power/Control Systems organization.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman’s high performing, Systems Engineering team in developing the military and commercial power conversion, distribution, and networked machinery control systems of the future. The qualified applicant will be exposed to all phases of the program life cycle from concept development through integration, test and support. We offer a dynamic work environment providing the highest level of engineering, product design and system support for our nation’s aircraft carriers and submarines, as well as other naval and ground-based system platforms.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Leading/managing tasks and projects on a team developing medium to large power conversion equipment or embedded real time control systems. Items to be addressed consist of electrical, software, controls, cooling and packaging design activities.
- Performing trade studies, generating systems engineering documents, reports and operational documentation.
- Developing requirements, system and sub-system specifications, interface control documentation and concept of operations.
- Generating and presenting material to support internal and external customer briefings, and developing proposals.
- Strong working knowledge of lab test equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, and multimeters
- Supporting program requirements management through use of configuration management tools.
- Developing and modifying test plans and procedures
- Completing system integration and test activities
- Generation of verification artifacts supporting system Design Verification Testing and system Acceptance Testing