Our client, a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to their customers. Well-respected, with a global presence, our client consistently offers a powerful and robust portfolio of products, services and solutions that help customers successfully execute their missions in today’s dynamic environment. With unsurpassed engineering, using an open systems approach, our client solves the nation’s most complex challenges while foreseeing future needs.
Senior Principal Systems Engineer
Join our team to provide solutions to both Fire Control System (FCS) programs and to the Army Command, Control and Communications – Tactical (C3T). You’ll develop novel approaches to the Army’s network modernization goals including engagement in Cross-Functional Team experimentation to modernize the tactical network and integrate onto mobile platforms. You will need a background in DoD programs.
- Analyze, define, and manage requirements; also analyze function & performance
- Design, integrate, and test/verify system
- Validate and interface definition studies of system, subsystem or system elements with minimal supervision
- Perform technical planning and analyses as well as detail trade studies
- Analyze cost, risk, supportability, and effectiveness for subsystems and system elements
- Analyze customer requirements, develop system requirements and define allocations to lower levels (subsystem, elements and components)
- Develop and evaluate systems, networks and information systems to ensure designs meet applicable governmental security specifications
- Contribute to detailed technical analyses at the system of system (SOS) level
- Synthesize solutions to meet customer expectations and technical performance while staying within schedule and cost constraints
- Lead Modeling and Simulation activities
- Research and analyze data, such as vendor products, COTS components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Support generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle
- Research, design, and develop systems, in conjunction with software and hardware product development, applying principles and techniques of systems engineering, modeling and simulation and analysis
- Lead and/or direct lower level employees; leads technical tasks for small teams or projects
- Begin to provide engineering support to proposals
- Participate in/lead SOW generation for subcontracts
- Exercises latitude in determining technical objectives; judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Guide successful completion of major programs/projects
- Plan and execute significant project tasks for activities described above
- Define processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility; design complete and complex framework, system or product
- Determine methods and procedures on new assignments; may coordinate activities of others (Team Lead)
- Identify, analyze, and resolve system design weaknesses
- Contact with managers, project teams, external customers and vendors, and Business Development
- May provide system accreditation/certification evaluation and test support to ensure all technical security features (e.g., identification, authentication, access control, labeling, and auditing) of the system are considered and function properly
- May develop system security documentation on both new and fielded information systems
- Travel may be required – 20%
- Required – active Secret clearance required.
- Magic Draw experience and SysML background
- Agile design/development experience
- Thoroughly understands basic project leadership principles including SPI/CPI, Earned Value, Cost Account Management (CAM), and Statistical Process Controls
- Proficient in MS Office and in requirements management & system modeling tools
- Understands/applies systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories; also of related disciplines
- Recognizes various architectural patterns and applies them appropriately
- Strong written and verbal communications skills to clearly relay report information, issues, impacts, and corrective actions, and to get buy-in on concepts and ideas
- Creative thinker; multi-tasker
*US Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's in Systems Engineering or related (or equivalent experience) and 10+ years’ experience; or Master's and 8+ years’ experience.
Conditions of Employment:
Applicants selected for employment will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation which may include education, criminal and work history verifications.
About Our Company:
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is dedicated to providing our clients with a high standard of quality products and services. For two decades, our reputation has been built on this dedication and the long-term relationships developed with some of the most prestigious companies in the aerospace and defense industries. These business relationships give you the opportunity to not only find a job but to find one you can value and enjoy. We will be dedicated to you and to making your career a success.
Accepted applicants will have the opportunity to be eligible for benefits, including medical and supplemental insurance and a 401K. Appreciation and gratitude for employees is a hallmark of organizations with low turnover.
To apply, please email the job number, “Monster,” and your resume, firstname.lastname@example.org .