- Juris Doctor degree from an ABA accredited law school and admission to Michigan Bar or the ability to practice in-house for a Michigan company
- 8 years of experience practicing as an attorney, with a focus on privacy
- Experience advising corporate clients on privacy-related matters, including the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA), the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Telemarketing Sales Rule (TSR), the California Invasion of Privacy Act (CIPA), the CAN-SPAM Act and state eavesdropping laws
- Experience implementing privacy-related compliance programs and effectively managing projects
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing requirements
- Skilled at distilling abstract concepts into clear, simple terms coupled with effective legal advice
- Exceptional organization skills
The Senior Privacy Counsel works as part of the Legal team on privacy-related compliance matters for a variety of business partners.
- Advise various business partners on privacy-related laws
- Manage privacy compliance projects
- Research and advise on policies, procedures, statutes and regulations
- Provide support to government affairs on proposed changes in law, new laws, etc.
- Provide reporting to senior leaders on privacy initiatives
Who We Are
Rock Central is a Detroit-based professional services company obsessed with delivering innovative, effective solutions to meet the diverse needs of our clients. From legal and finance to technology and public relations, our expertise spans from executive consulting all the way to tactical implementation. We thrive at the intersection of people, process and technology and empower our partners to unleash the maximum potential of their business through unmatched partnership and the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. From the smallest venture to the largest enterprises, we believe having an impact is never a question – it’s part of our DNA.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.