Responsible for all technical aspects of the Impregnation Department process. This includes ensuring that the department meets scrap, quality, delivery, and cost metrics. Incumbent is also responsible for improving existing processes, and finding ways to further improve scrap, quality, delivery, and cost metrics beyond current targets. Incumbent will work on projects of high complexity for manufacturing operations. Continuously improves the production process, utilizing a hands-on approach.
- Works together with the Process Engineering team to eliminate complex manufacturing defects.
- Visits vendors as required.
- Optimizes/ qualifies raw materials from new and existing suppliers.
- Acts as backup resource in absence of Production Manager.
- Provides 24/7 technical process support to production as required.
- Develops, assess, and implements techniques and equipment of high complexity used in production processes to maximize the efficiency of the operations.
- Responsible for documentation of raw material and product specifications related to the process.
- As assigned works directly with manufacturing management staff to assess business needs and determine appropriate course of action in areas of manufacturing technology requirements and/or modifications, product and process quality standards and cost control applications.
- Trouble shoots problems with production staff and suggests/implements correction with limited supervision of more senior engineering staff.
- Conducts equipment and process testing of novel technologies. Applies appropriate experimental design, analyses, and statistical methods to identify and solve problems.
- Identifies, defines and measures improvement opportunities for assigned projects of high complexity.
- Implements and documents potential process improvements for assigned projects.
- Prepares test reports, system documents and/or closing reports from assigned engineering projects of high complexity.
- Assists in cross-functional projects or meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or other relevant field
- Six Sigma and LEAN experience required
- Must have a strong floor presence; lead by influence; possess customer service skills; display strong analytical skills and intellectual horsepower.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an automated manufacturing environment. Impregnation/coating experience preferred.
- Paper manufacturing experience and/or experience in resin impregnation processes preferred.
- Technology and automation minded, with a basic understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, motors, basic electricity, gearboxes, and tools.
- Excellent computer skills including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong math skills, including the knowledge of arithmetic, basic algebra, geometry, and statistics, and their applications.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Possess an exceptional attention to detail.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to integrate well and adapt to cultural differences
- Must be able to walk long distances, climb on machinery and stand for long periods of time. This is a manufacturing environment; bending, crouching and stooping may be required.