Sabre Systems is currently hiring for Senior Processor Engineer. The Advanced Sensor Technology Program Office (AST PO) has a requirement for providing technical expertise in support of managing the efficiency and productivity of AST High Performance Computing (HPC) assets.
The candidate shall provide support to the AST PO with the following tasks:
• Provide technical expertise in support of managing the efficiency and productivity of AST High Performance Computing (HPC) assets (LC and IPSS).
• Support AST PO Disaster Recovery efforts at NSWC-Crane and at the DCF.
• Ensure that the required monthly throughput and ingest rates are efficiently being achieved. Support and chair the AST High Performance Computing Group (HPCG) and attend monthly meetings via VTC.
• Support the AST PO in interfacing with DoE, DoD, NASA, NSF, NOAA and general industry (SGI, DataDirect Networks, IBM, Mellanox, et al.) via on-site meetings and attendance of technical conferences (SC, SGI Users Group, et al.)
• Periodically travel to DCF and NSWC-Crane to assist in measuring proficiency, productivity and effectiveness of daily operations as well as efficiency of production processing/DR configuration.
• Periodically travel to various S&T sites to assist in determining PO effectiveness in satisfying core R&D computational requirements (HPC).
• A bachelor's degree in Electrical I Electronics Engineering or demonstrated comparable experience is required.
• Ten (10) years of experience in DoD, R&D and fleet support of high performance computers and processor hardware required for complex software-intensive naval weapons systems is required.
• Experience in engineering activities (e.g. requirements, design, integration, and test) associated with mission-critical computer, processors, and avionics and for establishing, sustaining life cycle support for commercially off the shelf (COTS) computer, processor hardware, and supporting components is required.
• Experience in defining new processing requirements, architectures, software, processing capabilities, and requirements for high performance computing capabilities and on airborne surveillance sensors is preferred.
• Experience in engineering analysis of current and advanced signal processors in the areas of impact assessment, sizing requirements, and commercial of the shelf (COTS) processor requirements for advanced sensors is required.
• The selected applicant must have an active Top Secret Security Clearance.
• A Master's degree in Engineering is desired.
Sabre Systems, Inc. is a quality driven, customer focused large business providing innovative solutions in the areas of Cyber, C4ISR, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, and Enterprise Modernization to federal and civilian customers. Our mission is to ensure our customers have the technology, services, and expertise to overcome threats, maintain superiority, and quickly adapt to emerging obstacles. At Sabre, we're more than just a job - we're a team - and we care for and nurture our employees like family. If you want to be a part of creating and implementing enduring solutions that transform mission challenges into mission success – join Sabre!
We respect the unique perspectives that a diverse workforce of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans brings not only to our company, but also to our customers. Sabre provides an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, paid days off, tuition reimbursement, and a 401K plan.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled