- Bachelor's degree in business administration, supply chain management, finance or a related area
- 5 years of experience with procurement processes and supporting technologies, preferably in creating and facilitating RFIs, RFPs and RFQs and leading price negotiations
- Experience with electronic sourcing and/or ERP systems
- 5 years of experience managing critical vendor relationships (ideally in the mortgage or financial services industry)
- Ability to identify, track and communicate risk concerns to vendors, business leaders and stakeholders at all levels
- Strong sense of urgency with a track record of delivering quantifiable results
- Strong negotiating, influencing and collaboration skills
- Strong verbal communication and public speaking skills
- Technology Experience
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities to achieve goals and objectives
- Ability to develop realistic action plans
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) certification a plus
The Procurement Senior Technology Category Manager plays an integral role in shaping procurement strategy across Quicken Loans and the Rock Family of Companies, ensuring the optimization of costs and services delivered within the defined category. This team member leads defined categories of third-party vendors in spending and evaluates existing and potential vendors. The Procurement Senior Technology Category Manager is also expected to drive and own cost optimization strategies through innovative sourcing techniques as well as managing price variance and standards for assigned categories.
- Serve as a Technology category subject matter expert, creating and conducting the RFI, RFP and RFQ process for assigned categories.
- Collaborate with the business and the Contracts team to negotiate with vendors and secure the best pricing available for goods and services Track Technology category performance internally and against industry standards
- Identify existing and potential vendors for assigned projects and categories
- Conduct market research on vendors, explore vendor options, and understand market cost for category goods and services
- Offer alternative sourcing approaches or vendors to business partners to ensure that the best-value vendor is selected
- Ensure procurement strategies are known to all relevant parts of the business in order to maximize the commercial advantages and evaluate potential cost savings/avoidance opportunities
- Collaborate with the Legal team in the development, review and execution of contracts by utilizing the Quicken Loans governance, risk and compliance tool
- Seek out and establish strong working relationships with key team leaders, team captains and team members who support organizational initiatives
- Educate internal business partners on the importance of vendor management and holding suppliers accountable to contractual commitments
- Ensure contract renewals are completed on time to avoid lapses in services
- Ensure all procurements comply with internal policies
Who We Are
Rock Central is a Detroit-based professional services company obsessed with delivering innovative, effective solutions to meet the diverse needs of our clients. From legal and finance to technology and public relations, our expertise spans from executive consulting all the way to tactical implementation. We thrive at the intersection of people, process and technology and empower our partners to unleash the maximum potential of their business through unmatched partnership and the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup. From the smallest venture to the largest enterprises, we believe having an impact is never a question – it’s part of our DNA.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.