As part of the Hampton Roads Connector Partners (HRCP) Joint Venture, Flatiron has been selected to construct the new Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel (HRBT) Expansion Project in Virginia. As a Senior Procurement Coordinator, you will direct and coordinate the procurement activities within district and provide the leadership to help support the overall procurement vision of Flatiron.
The multibillion dollar HRBT project scope will include: a new bridge-tunnel crossing, replacement of existing marine approach bridges, the addition of a third lane on 1-64 in each direction, and new bridge-tunnel complex that will accommodate 4 lanes of traffic for a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water and is expected to conclude in 2025.
- Negotiates commercial terms and conditions with material vendors and subcontractors while consulting with legal department and senior management.
- Manages the qualification and evaluation process for vendors of materials, subcontractors, and service providers.
- Communicates and enforces procurement policies and procedures to the project.
- Oversees the development and review of all procurement analytics, reporting and deliverables.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Manages the maintenance of records of goods ordered and received; oversees all Accounts Payable reconciliation.
- Monitors and oversees execution of the purchasing buyout.
- Maintains professional relationships internally and externally.
- Prepares reports and correspondence as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of Company’s values and strategic plan.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business, Supply Chain, Construction Management or Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in construction procurement
- Skilled in contract negotiations and legal terminology
- Extensive knowledge of the construction industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel) with general knowledge of database utilization. JD Edwards E1 World experience is a plus.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
- Leadership and influencing skills required. Able to identify, track and communicate project plan steps and actions.
- Team player with the ability to also work independently to meet fixed deadlines, goals and objectives.
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.