- Bachelor's degree in business administration, supply chain management, finance or a related area
- 5 years of general experience procurement processes and supporting technologies
- 3 years of experience with creating and facilitating RFI, RFP and RFQs and leading price negotiations
- Ability to identify, track and communicate risk concerns to vendors, business leaders and stakeholders at all levels
- Strong sense of urgency and the ability to provide proactive solutions with a demonstrable track record of delivering quantifiable results
- Demonstrable leadership skills and the ability to influence a diverse group of internal customers, both one-on-one as well as in front of a large group
- Ability to comprehend procurement governance and processes and ensure that all purchases are compliant
The Senior Procurement Specialist plays an integral role in shaping the procurement strategy at Bedrock. As a result, this team member works to understand business needs and drivers and ensures the optimization of costs and services delivered within the defined category. The Senior Procurement Specialist leads a defined category(s) of third-party vendor spending and acts as a subject matter expert in the evaluation of existing and potential vendors. They use criteria such as industry experience, market dynamics, capacity, potential risk, quality standards and financial viability. The Senior Procurement Specialist drives cost optimization strategies (cost reduction, cost avoidance) through innovative sourcing techniques as well as manages price variance and standards for the assigned category(s).
- Serve as a category subject matter expert and create and conduct the RFI, RFP and RFQ process for assigned category(s)
- Negotiate with vendors and secure best pricing available for goods/services
- Track category performance internally and against industry standards, building collaborative relationships
- Identify existing and potential vendors for assigned projects and categories and conduct market research on vendors
- Offer alternative sourcing approaches and/or vendors to business partners to ensure that the best-value vendor is selected
- Ensure procurement strategies are known to all relevant parts of the business to maximize commercial advantages and evaluate potential cost savings or cost avoidance opportunities
- Seek out and establish strong working relationships with key team leaders and provide recommendations to team leaders and members that support organizational initiatives
- Educate internal business partners on the importance of vendor management and holding suppliers accountable to contractual commitments
- Ensure that contract renewals are completed on time to avoid lapses in services
Who We Are
Detroit-based Bedrock is a full-service real estate firm specializing in acquiring, developing, leasing, financing and managing commercial and residential buildings. Since its founding in 2011, Bedrock and its affiliates have invested and committed more than $5.6 billion to acquiring and developing more than 100 properties, including new construction of ground-up developments in downtown Detroit and Cleveland totaling more than 18 million square feet.
Bedrock’s real estate portfolio consists of more than 200 office tenants and more than 120 retailers and restaurants in Detroit’s technology-centric downtown, the majority of which are new to the market, including Microsoft, Quicken Loans, LinkedIn, StockX, Ally Bank’s national headquarters, Fifth Third Bank’s regional headquarters, WeWork, Madewell, Under Armour, Shake Shack and countless others.
Bedrock is currently developing four transformational projects, including the Hudson’s Site, Monroe Blocks, Book Tower renovation and One Campus Martius expansion. Bedrock is also undertaking construction of City Modern, a community development in Detroit’s Brush Park neighborhood. Partnering with Detroit-based Shinola, Bedrock developed the world’s first Shinola Hotel on Woodward Avenue, which opened in early 2019.
Bedrock is dedicated to creating jobs for Detroiters and investing in job training. Over the last year, the company has invested in both the Randolph Career Technical Center and the Breithaupt Career and Technical Center to build a pipeline of talent for Detroit’s growing economy.
Creating unique experiences through real estate is Bedrock’s mission. To make this a reality, Bedrock and its affiliates continuously invest in significant public art installations and placemaking initiatives throughout the city.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.