More than 7 billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will reach 9.4 billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this demand. They’ll be seeking options that are economically viable and that will help them remain environmentally sustainable. Granular's software meets this need, making farmers more efficient.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to be a key member of our growing, in-house Des Moines, IA design team. You'll be working on the Granular Agronomy product —which helps farmers make better agronomic decisions —across our ecosystem of mobile, tablet and web experiences. This is a unique opportunity to learn about farming and agricultural processes while designing solutions for an underserved customer base. You will lead strategic design projects and help shape the vision and execution of design at Granular. You will work closely with all core Granular business units: Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Data Science. This role is integral to Granular's success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission focused, fast-paced, smart and fun team.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Collaborate with our cross-functional product domain team, leading strategic design efforts
- Drive user research, wireframing, interaction design and prototyping for medium to large-scale design projects
- Develop high-fidelity mockups and assets for your web and/or mobile projects, as needed
- Translate business problems and ideas into clear design solutions
- Distill complex tasks and workflows into intuitive, simple experiences
- Help build and participate in our usability testing program
- Work with engineering on UI frameworks and pattern libraries
- Mentor and support designers on the team, with the opportunity to manage designers as the team grows
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 6 years of product design experience
- Experience leading complex design projects with multiple contributors and stakeholders
- Ability to move seamlessly between defining strategy and delivering hands-on work
- Master at user experience design, user and usability research
- Strong understanding of front-end/UI technologies
- Ability to collaborate with a team across multiple time zones
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Familiarity with small business software/ business tools a plus
- Familiarity with agriculture / farming practices a plus, but certainly not required
- Experience balancing creative and analytical design goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning and Development Programs
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
Who We Are:
Granular combines the leadership and innovation of experienced entrepreneurs, advisors, and investors with the meaningful insights of farmers, agronomists, data scientists and engineers.
Our internal team has the rebellious, innovative business and technical acumen that defines Silicon Valley; this expertise has produced products including Granular Business, Granular Agronomy, AcreValue, and AgStudio.
Founded in February 2014, and backed by leading VC’s like Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, Granular is an independent subsidiary of Corteva, a spin off of DowDuPont™. We currently have offices in San Francisco, CA, Champaign, IL, Des Moines, IA and Cumming, GA. Learn more about our company and people here!