What you'll do...
The Sr. Designer is an essential role in transforming our brand from seasonal tax prep to a year-round financial services provider in both the online and office retail space. You'll design modern product experiences for web or mobile apps, reporting to a Lead Designer. The Design Studio is the creative nucleus for our client experiences delivering our expertise and care every day.
Day to day, you'll...
- Contribute to the end-to-end design outcomes for a product within our ecosystem
- Own medium size project with some direction from Lead Designer
- Lead the design process for wireframes, user flows, visual concepts, interactive prototypes for every stage of the design process
- Support the direction of the Lead Designer while pushing for new thinking
- Direct Jr. Designers to assist you in the design process; give thoughtful and actionable feedback
- Create compelling presentations and design documentation that clearly communicates your outcomes
- Utilize and contribute to our design system to achieve consistency at scale
- Understand the user journey and remove client pain points
- Incorporate data, insights and user testing to fuel creative solutions
- Partner closely with developers to ship refined experiences
- Incorporate modern, premium design and technology trends
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose—to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company—one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
What you'll bring to the team...
- BA/BS design degree (or 8-10 years of relevant work experience)
- 4-6 years of digital design experience for agency or brand
- Experience designing digital products and systems from mobile to desktop
- Enthusiasm for iterative design process, inspired by group critique
- Motion design, animation, video production skillset
- Curious, open-minded and ego-free. You have a growth mindset.
- Draw creative inspiration beyond websites, apps, and interfaces.
- A passion for simplifying complex problems and understand user's needs
- Comfortable working with partners in business and marketing roles
- Remote work through the end of 2020, based in Kansas City with our design team preferred