Experience & Qualifications
- 7 + years of experience.
- Degree in Visual Arts, Marketing, Communication, Design, Human Computer Interaction, Information Architecture or other related disciplines
- Strong portfolio with engaging diverse material demonstrating a passion for design
- Familiarity with iterative processes like Agile and the tools and strategies that make those processes successful.
- Understanding of design research, user experience design processes and methodology, its value and how to integrate into our work.
- Expertise in tools common to modern design work for digital products: Sketch + common plugins, Invision + CraftManager, Adobe Creative Suite, Omnigraffle, etc
- An understanding of interactivity and the Web and the fundamentals of information architecture, hierarchy, and layout
- You listen well and have excellent speaking and writing skills.
- You can observe, analyze, question, and conceptualize.
- You can articulate your decisions, rationale, and design process
- You are respectful when challenging assumptions and give and receive feedback with equal grace.
- You are reliable. You estimate work, commit and deliver on deadlines and are vocal when risk arises.
- You have a design aesthetic. Your documents are simple, informative and filled with value.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.