About Fallon Health
Founded in 1977, Fallon Health is a leading health care services organization that supports the diverse and changing needs of those we serve. In addition to offering innovative health insurance solutions and a variety of Medicaid and Medicare products, we excel in creating unique health care programs and services that provide coordinated, integrated care for seniors and individuals with complex health needs. Fallon has consistently ranked among the nation’s top health plans, and is accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance for its HMO, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid products. For more information, visit www.fallonhealth.org.
Proposal Management: Develops proposals, bids, quotations, or other documents describing organizational products and services in response to requests from prospective clients. Collaborates with members of the sales, marketing, finance, legal, or product teams to ensure proposal content is complete, accurate, and timely. Is responsible for developing responses to the most complex or high-value inquiries including organizational procurement activities for Mass Health, Senior Care Options program, The Group Insurance Commission, and The Connector QHP. Responsible for the oversight and maintenance of the corporate content for efficiency and integrity.
Market Intelligence: Leads data gathering for Fallon’s competitive intelligence activities This person will be the internal expert in competitors’ products, pricing, membership, and financial performance across product lines (commercial, Medicare, Medicaid). In addition, he/she will be expected to research and assess national trends in the healthcare industry as well as national competitor’s offerings, strategies, strengths and weaknesses. This position will be responsible for assisting the Director with preparing regular environmental assessments that include extensive detail on competitors, industry trends and important regulatory insights.
Product Development: Responsible for assisting the commercial and Medicare product managers with a variety of projects. This will include but not be limited to:
- helping to QC product materials, filings with the Connector and CMS
- leading smaller product management initiatives
assisting in annual commercial and Medicare bids and vendor management.
Develops strategies and then responds to large complex proposals, bids, quotations, procurements or other documents for strategic clients that describe organizational products and services in an effort to further Fallon Health’s initiatives.
- Prepare individual proposal schedules, setup strategic meetings, and plan and coordinate required resources for writing and development of the proposal deliverable.
- Collaborate with members of the sales, marketing, finance, legal, operations, Medicare, Medicaid, Navicare and product teams to ensure content is complete, accurate, timely; and that it reflects the Fallon Health brand and value proposition.
- Oversee the production of final proposals, including creating the electronic documents, creating CD, printing, and binding hard copies in compliance with requirements.
- Interface with senior management and support staff to ensure best resources are provided in a timely manner to support proposal and related efforts.
- Identify competitive and environmental developments that impact Fallon Health and assist in assessing their strategic implications for the organization
- Assist in preparation of regular competitive environmental assessments.
- Collect quarterly pricing data on direct competitors and prepare a quarterly analysis of pricing strategy.
- Collect, analyze and compare competitors commercial and Medicare product portfolios.
- Collect data on and analyze competitors’ networks for Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid products.
- Travel to the DOI to pull statuary filings quarterly.
- Conduct ad hoc research to support product development
- Assist with other Market Intelligence projects as required
Assist product managers with
- vendor and supplemental benefit management (for example Smart Shopper, Oh Baby, Benefit Bank)
- research and response to member grievances.
- quality control proofing and documentation for product materials (EOC, SOB, SBC, PBPs etc).
- annual Connector Seal of Approval project.
- annual Medicare Bid development.
Bachelor's degree in English, Marketing, Business, or Health Care related field
Minimum 3-6 years in a managed care or a healthcare setting.
Knowledge of health plan operations, finance, product, pricing, sales and marketing necessary. Sales and/or proposal writing experience required. Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing RFP requirements, creating proposal outlines, and assignment schedules and timelines.
- Strong project management skills including exceptional organizational abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all professional levels including executive level management.
- Must possess an ability to acquire and communicate effectively complex information for submission
- Demonstrated ability to work under and enforce tight deadlines.
- Experience handling multiple projects with rapidly changing priorities and deadlines and the ability to prioritize efficiently and effectively
- Possess outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Extensive knowledge of the health insurance industry; its concepts, practices, and procedures is important.
Fallon Health provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.