What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is looking for a senior level manager to help define and build its product strategy around 5G and edge compute. 5G will usher in the 4th industrial revolution where companies, big and small, will re-define the way they work through automation and real-time insights into their business processes. The massive bandwidth, device density, ultra-low latency, and battery efficiency of 5G coupled with Edge Compute will empower people, devices, and systems to interact efficiently and safely in a highly automated environment.
In this position, the senior product manager will define the horizontal set of capabilities in our multi-access edge compute (MEC) platform. This will include defining the strategy for how devices will authenticate and send data to MEC, how applications will be on boarded, and what value added services will be available to developers. If you're excited by 5G, want to help lead from the innovative edge, and have a deep mastery of product development, then join us in making Verizon the most successful edge provider on the planet!
As a senior product manager, you will be a critical part of the Verizon Business Group organization that owns the business model and P&L, feature development and prioritization of the product roadmap, customer segmentation and pricing, and demand generation for impactful new products. You will work across engineering teams, business development, and marketing to set strategy, define the product, and make the difficult, high-judgment trade-offs between features and time-to-market. You will partner with the technical leaders of the organization to ensure the developer experience, programming model, scalability and reliability promises, and cost efficiency delight our customers. Additionally, you will:
- Author documents relating to product life cycle including product roadmap, business requirements and functional specifications.
- Drive product development across teams (primarily Engineering, Operations, Product Management, Business Development, and Marketing) through business requirements, design, implementation, and deployment.
- Create the managed service deployment models for Private 5G and MEC coupled with virtual enterprise network services.
- Create a low-touch MEC device integration program for developers. Drive product marketing to create an evangelization program across the OEM community. Drive Engineering to deliver self-certification toolsets and onboard design house partners to aid OEMs in their MEC integration.
- Own designing business models, pricing, channel strategy, target segments, customer profiles, execution plan and financial business case for relevant use cases that leverage Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Augmented Reality and/or Precision location throughout different verticals.
- Work collaboratively with Engineering as an advocate for the needs of our customers.
- Evaluate industry innovations and technology platforms and identify partnership and collaboration opportunities.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in a technical field (computer science or engineering degrees) or MBA.
- Ten or more years of demonstrated full-lifecycle ownership of product development, with cross team and cross discipline execution, either directly or as an organizational leader.
- Ability to conceptualize new, innovative applications/services and justify design, build, and/or buy decisions using solid ROI analysis.
- Knowledge of business objectives and be creative enough to help define what we build, with demonstrated experience leading developer facing product efforts.
- Strong communication skills to manage the large degree of external interaction with customers and partners the role needs.
- Passionate about simplifying complex technology into simple experiences.
- Ability to be obsessed in delivering quickly and collaboratively.
- Ability to take ownership and is accountable for quality of all deliverables.
- Ability to lead/supervise multiple projects, also performs project management activities such as planning, sizing, configuration, resources and scheduling.
- Ability to conceptualizes and develops resolutions to complex market challenges and customer use cases that require the use of creativity.
- Ability to make decisions that impact projects and staff members; Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives of assignments; Work to completion without direction.
- Industry knowledge in Retail, Manufacturing, or Supply Chain.
- Strong knowledge of Cloud technologies, telecoms and IoT Business Models.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies (AI/ML, AR/VR, blockchain, robotics, IoT, etc.)
- Knowledge of products and technologies across Verizon and how they may strategically align with projects.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Generally considered an industry expert amongst internal and external peer groups.
- Experience leading or participating in panel discussions.
- Holds patents or has published industry papers/documents/literature.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.