About the Role:
Senior Product Manager, Norton/LifeLock Privacy Member Experience, will focus on the member experience for the privacy product and privacy features for the Norton/LifeLock consumer business. Considering recent laws such as European GDPR and California AB375 and an increasing consumer focus on privacy this role will understand the customer demand with new features, what areas are particularly interesting for members, and what messages resonated with members. You will oversee the entire member journey with the privacy product and privacy features and implement changes to improve engagement and satisfaction with the privacy offering.
In this role you’ll develop a deep understanding of our customers, their needs, and the Norton/LifeLock product offering. Solutions to meet those needs will include development of new features, enhancement of existing features, and communication of existing features. Throughout it all you’ll seek out and, where necessary define, the data and metrics required to understand the problem as well as its possible solution.
• Member Experience: You are responsible for new features as well as managing the growth and adoption of existing features. Your responsibility includes gaining insights on the member experience of current features, what “jobs” members wish to do, create user personas, and validate new features with current and potential members. You then partner with the UX team to create mobile and web designs which include the deep customer insights. You validate the designs with members and refine the designs as needed. The final designs are then used by engineering to build the feature.
• Product Roadmap & Vision: Develop and implement a vision for a portion of the Norton/LifeLock privacy product roadmap. Align this vision with the group’s strategy and build out your short, medium, and long-term milestones to accomplish your vision.
• Subject Matter Expert: Serve as primary representative for project team and internal stakeholders during development and primary owner of the member experience for a set of features offered in the current product after launch.
• Protect all forms of highly confidential and proprietary business information and maintain the highest standards of privacy and security.
• Follow and abide by all information security and compliance policies and practices.
Qualifications and education:
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
• 5-8 years of work experience in product management, preferably in consumer internet or software.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law
Symantec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. Symantec strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
We also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records. In addition, Symantec will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Learn more about pay transparency.