The We Company started as a platform for creators in providing members space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life’s work. WeWork alone has grown to over 400,000 members in 26 countries as one of the many business lines of the We Company to help people achieve their purpose and connect with others.
Our dedication to technological innovation has enabled us to grow to more than 400 workspace locations as well as support the other business lines including WeLive (living space), WeGrow (education), Rise by We (wellness) and Powered by We (enterprise). Every day, we see and feel the impact we can have on an employee’s and member’s lives. We do good work on every scale, and we’re proud of it.
The Core Platform mission is to stimulate, accelerate, and scale creative capabilities in connecting communities with space. We do this by providing We developers with programmatic tools based on single sources of truth about Identity, Space, Time, and Utilization. Within Core Platform, the Space Kit team has created the world’s largest digital repository of interior space and are looking for an experienced, hands-on, and technically-oriented product manager to own two critical new products that build upon it.
The first new product is Attribute Store: an extensible key:value data store accessed as a service. Imagine a Sales use case where a prospective Member wants to search for buildings that are pet-friendly and have a casual vibe in addition to more objective criteria such as desk count and zip code. The Attribute Store will allow different business areas within the We Company to read and write from a common data store containing business-level data (such as pet-friendliness) layered on top of the canonical definitions of space (such as desk count) that Core Platform maintains.
The second is a Core Search service. Imagine the same Sales use case, but now the prospective Member wants to add in criteria around availability and average occupancy - data that exists across multiple Core Platform microservices. Core Search will expose a single set of interfaces that allow performant querying across services, thereby improving Member experience and speeding time to delivery for developers using Core Platform.
While the use cases for these two services go beyond Sales, both have the common goal of unifying and unlocking the massive amount of data within the We Company to enable scale for a business that at its heart is based on physical space and optimizing our Members’ experiences within it.
What you’ll do
- Lead strategy and execution for the Attribute Store and Core Search services.
- Develop relationships with our internal customers to deeply understand the end-to-end member experiences that these services support. Clearly communicate the connection between member experience and their features.
- Lead cross-functional groups from engineering, design, and other disciplines in an Agile methodology with well-defined sprints, incremental delivery, and forward-looking roadmaps.
- Get in the weeds: write PRDs, user stories, acceptance criteria, and test the services yourself as they are being built.
- Evangelize the services within We to promote adoption, and stay close to our customers to learn from real-world usage.
What we’re looking for in you
- This isn’t your first rodeo - you have at least 7 years of product management experience in dynamic companies focused on delivering software
- You have domain expertise - at least 3 years leading NoSQL or key:value datastore-backed products
- You’ve shipped at least a couple API-based products
- You have strong technical acumen and can communicate effectively with developers - both those building your products as well as those consuming them
- You never lose sight of the ultimate end user experiences that your products support and can articulate technical requirements in those terms
- You are compassionate, humble, and collaborative
- Your communication skills are outstanding, if you do say so yourself
- It would be very nice, though not strictly necessary, if you had experience with:
- Avro or JSON Schema
- Kafka or other event processing technologies
- Security and data privacy
The We Company is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all its forms. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.