The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for the marketing of the implant and prosthetic product lines to achieve the established company objectives. Areas of responsibility will include marketing, life cycle management, sales support/training and key dentist/specialist development as well as the identification and development of new market opportunities and products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage marketing activities including new idea review and recommendations, concept and design development, technique development, project management and market introduction. Work closely with Engineering, Manufacturing, Regulatory and related departments.
- Manage the product portfolio life cycle initial concept to discontinuation, maximizing the competitiveness of the product portfolio while achieving company objectives
- Drive marketing communication initiatives and planning as well as assisting with international marketing communication efforts
- Ensure the company maximizes and optimizes its performance and operating objectives in the specific segment through identification of market trends, competitive activities, and business opportunities, and through the effective development and presentation of strategic, market and product development plans.
- Work with Directors/Vice-Presidents to ensure the Company is in a position of clinical and technical excellence relative to the competition through field visits with key surgeons and Territory Managers, regular review of literature, participation at key meetings and conferences, and development of close professional relationships.
- Conduct periodic research to maintain visibility of market trends and gather feedback from the field
- Manage distributed product lines and identify opportunities for adding value through new product distribution.
- Work to provide high quality sales support in terms of new product/market introductions, sales training programs, key surgeon/ key account.
- Maintain key relationships to stay on the pulse of new market opportunities. Continually push for new innovations within existing product line.
- Help educate dentists/specialists on specific products by assisting in the preparation and running of training courses which may include didactic and hands-on labs.
- Coordinate activities between marketing and other functional areas to ensure product line objectives are achieved on a timely basis.
- Work with a team to ensure products are properly positioned in the market utilizing creative promotional, pricing, service, and product characteristic strategies to maximize sales and profits.
- Participate in sales and marketing planning activities for assigned products with field sales force, sales managers, and senior management to identify key target dentists/specialists by specific product.
- Assume other responsibilities as required
- A minimum of five years of relevant business experience preferred, particularly marketing experience in medical device / surgical products
- Proven capacity for strategic thinking, planning, and product development
- Knowledge of medical device regulatory requirements preferred
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and build strong working relationships
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Strong focus on detail and accuracy
- High degree of initiative and self motivation with a strong sense of accountability
- Strong technical, as well as conceptual aptitude
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- B.S. Marketing or related field of study required
- MBA preferred
- Experience in developing and managing promotional campaigns for complex products
- Experience in product development and launch process in multiple markets
- Dental experience preferred
Please note that any offer of employment made by BioHorizons is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment background investigation to include a pre-employment.