The core function of the Senior Product Manager Cloud Services is the management of the DLR Cloud Services Product line worldwide. The Senior Product Manager manages existing products & services as well as creating and integrating new products and product changes.
In this role, the Senior Product Manager conducts margin analysis, industry/market research, and in-life performance measurement to determine product demand, positioning, viability, and profitability. The Senior Product Manager will create formal financial business cases and product descriptions and work as a facilitator between the various internal organizations to ensure product policy and processes are negotiated, documented, and executed accurately. The Senior Product Manager leads regularly scheduled meetings centered on system and operational requirements for product changes and new product development. The Senior Product Manager develops pricing, pricing changes and manages tariff updates in partnership with Legal & Regulatory.
- Manage in-life product performance: sales, margin, and churn, conducting extensive numerical analysis using company data.
- Identify and present innovative and creative product solutions.
- Project management of all product integration/launches/changes throughout implementation.
- Identify the business and operational requirements based upon customer and partner requirements as well as objectives of each product.
- Display a high level of critical thinking in cross-functional process analysis and problem resolution for new and existing products.
- Coordinate and build strong working relations with various internal organizations including; IT, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Product Development, & Operations as well as external partners and vendors.
- Lead the development, approval, training, and communication of new products/product changes and their associated customer, operational, system, & process impacts to the various internal organizations.
- Define and coordinate development work between product management, IT and external resources.
- Monitor internal processes for efficiency and validity pre & post product launch/changes.
- Provide support for other departmental projects as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative, but not exclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Product Development expertise of Cloud and Network Services
- Expert knowledge of Product Management
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university and a minimum of seven years of product management and/or product development experience in a fast-moving technology company
- Ability to manage multiple parties effectively.Proven management skills, customer service orientation, and problem solving knowledge.
- Create business cases, provide demand forecasting and other analytical and quantitative reports as required.
- Manage software development and product lifecycle roadmap
- Project manage product enhancements and product launch activity.
- Ability to make effective presentations and effectively respond, verbally or written, to sensitive issues, complex inquiries from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Good understanding of DWDM, Transport, IP, Ethernet and Dark fibertechnology
- Cisco and Juniper routing and switching knowledgepreferred
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivalled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world.
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day—above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.