Location: Irving, TX
Our team is looking for a talented and experienced Senior Product Manager to drive design and development of our next-gen products at SiriusXM Connected Vehicles. Specifically, you will be working cross functionally with a number of engineering and business teams to re-think and innovate Sirius XM Connected Vehicle's product portfolio, prioritize the order in which to build out these capabilities, considering both the product priorities that the architecture powers, as well as technical dependencies, in order to deliver world-class products to our customers and end users.
As part of the Connected Vehicle strategic product management team, you will participate in all activities of service & roadmap definitions, including: benchmark studies, market & competitive research, opportunity assessments and service requirements development and may perform the function of agile development team product owner and/or product manager for the services within your scope of responsibility.
A successful candidate works effectively with the engineering team to articulate product features and is able to represent technologies that have or have not been launched accurately. A successful candidate effectively communicates to engineers why a particular technology feature is useful/has value, drives the right technology design outcomes, participates in the high ambiguity phase and assists development teams with technical trade-offs, while independently managing product feasibility & reliability issues with engineers. You are a strong advocate for the end user, while influencing the design & development team to push the envelope and challenge the status quo to ultimately deliver a better end product. You are an effective communicator, have demonstrated the ability to earn the trust of stakeholders across a cross-functional team of individuals, are data-driven, and have experience managing complex business and technical challenges. You are customer obsessed and not afraid to get your hands dirty navigating requirements from different business teams. You have a strong bias toward data-driven decision making, and an innate ability to understand how metrics relate to business problems and with each other. You are willing to experiment, fail fast, learn and iterate to improve.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Define high-quality enterprise standard product/service strategy and roadmap based on team strategy and vision.
* Develop detailed and crisp business requirements for product specifications and service architecture.
* Manage prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, performance and operational support.
* Deliver products to market by working closely with engineering, design, and program management teams in an Agile environment.
* Drive product launches, including working with OEM teams, executives, finance, marketing, and legal stakeholders for your product.
* Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
* Interface and partner with all levels of the SiriusXM Connected Vehicle business leadership.
* Identify and size opportunities, evaluate the market and competitive environment, for new products and product extensions.
* Explore technology trends and identify relevance and impact to our business and product portfolio.
* Develop business cases including financial models and justification for new initiatives/products to facilitate product management and account teams bringing the products/services to market.
* Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
* Drive feasibility analysis, providing fact based recommendations on revenue generating ideas.
* Develop expertise in emerging technologies and be able to instruct others in the value and applications of the technology.
* Focus on results using metrics and use reporting and analysis to make recommendations on improvements.
* Run tests with early-stage prototypes and refine concepts as part of design & development process.
* Bachelor's or higher in computer science, computer engineering, related technical discipline or equivalent, relevant experience.
* Agile/Scrum certification.
* 10+ years of technical product management or software development experience.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Proven track record of driving products from concept to launch.
* Experience with ecommerce and/or payment processing a strong plus.
* Experience in developing cloud-based technology products and services.
* Innate ability to take initiatives, lead or influence a team without formal authority & follow through on achieving goals.
* Excellent problem-solving skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
* Strong organizational and people skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple project stakeholders, technical program managers, and software development teams.
* Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; think abstractly; learn, adapt and innovate.
* Proven track record of learning by quick experimentation (and sometimes failure), and then scaling.
* Proven track record of strong delivery of results by working both independently and collaboratively with global teams as appropriate.
* Good public speaking and presentation skills.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Ability to project professionalism in all forms of communication and conduct.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Experience building customer-facing conversational (text or voice), self-service or CSA-facing products.
* Exposure to a variety of software development languages and frameworks.
* Proficient knowledge of Product Management principles and processes.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled