As part of the Connected Vehicle strategic product management team, you will participate in all activities of service & roadmap definitions, including: benchmark studies, market & competitive research, opportunity assessments and service requirements development and may perform the function of Agile development team Product Owner and/or Product Manager for the services within your scope of responsibility. You will establish customer empathy and identify with the pain points, you will hone in on benefits and value proposition to the end user, you will craft epics & features that illustrate the value and solve the problems for the target segment, and you ultimately own the roadmap & priorities of next generation services. To be successful, this role requires a fusion of innovative, leadership, communication and analytical skills. In addition to being a collaborative team player, you need to have blend the technical knowledge with business acumen in order to identify and maximize relevant opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Define the enterprise standard product/service strategy and roadmap with business goals and strategies within the product vertical assigned.
* Identify and size opportunities, evaluate the market and competitive environment, for new products and product extensions.
* Explore technology trends and identify relevance and impact to our business and product portfolio.
* Develop business cases including financial models and justification for new initiatives/products to facilitate product management and account teams bringing the products/services to market.
* Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
* Drive feasibility analysis, providing fact based recommendations on revenue generating ideas.
* Develop expertise in emerging technologies and be able to instruct others in the value and applications of the technology.
* Focus on results using metrics and use reporting and analysis to make recommendations on improvements.
* Craft and own requirements documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification, including user stories, backlogs & acceptance criteria, as well as release plans.
* Work with design and development (Agile) teams in each sprint by being the customer advocates (Product Owner and/or Product Manager).
* Run tests with early-stage prototypes and refine concepts as part of design & development process.
* Business or technical degrees required. MBA preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Product Manager, or successful experience in a Marketing and/or Business development position.
* Extensive product management/development experience with proven track record of defining and launching successful products, especially in an Agile environment.
* Industry background in automotive, telematics, telecom, or other high tech related field highly preferred.
* Created or worked in a cross-functional development team environment.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Performs a variety of tasks where a wide degree of creativity is expected.
* Needs strong blend of product management, financial and technical aptitude.
* Strong presentation skills; comfortable making presentations to senior executives and/or customers as needed. Previous experience analyzing trends and market developments.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S
* Technical and business acumen developed through education and work experience in the area of Telematics, connected device service development and/or interactive technologies.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled