Kalkomey is a leading provider of online recreational safety education, certifications, and cloud-based agency management solutions. The company serves both outdoor enthusiasts and state and local government agencies in all 50 U.S. states, as well as Australia, Canada, Guam, Mexico, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, and the United Kingdom. Through its learning management system, Kalkomey delivers regulatory-approved safety education courses and certifications for a broad spectrum of outdoor recreational activities, including boating, hunting, snowmobiling, off-roading and scuba diving, among others. Today, the company offers more than 360 courses worldwide and certifies nearly one million outdoor enthusiasts each year. Additionally, Kalkomey’s agency management solutions enable state agencies to drive greater operational efficiencies of key workflows from licensing and registration, to certification and event management, and compliance and reporting. Through the integration of its online safety education and agency management solutions, Kalkomey is able to deliver a single platform for recreational safety management that makes outdoor recreation more accessible, drives recreational activity, participation, and increases civic engagement.
Founded in 1995, Kalkomey has over 100 employees and is headquartered in Richardson, TX. The company maintains additional offices in Canada, Australia, South Africa, and Sweden.
Kalkomey is seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our growing Product team in Dallas, Texas.
- Oversee the product advancement of key areas of your assigned product line with the ever-evolving goal of achieving Product-Market fit.
- Understand the market problems Kalkomey serves and lead the effort to address those problems with a Problem Space / Solution Space mindset.
- Identify, document and develop Target Customers and User Personas in collaboration with UX.
- Manage the product line with an unrelenting focus on core value propositions and market problems being addressed leveraging Kalkomey’s core differentiators.
- Identify, specify, and bring products through the entire product lifecycle while tightly monitoring and working through potential changes in scope/requirements.
- Play the product owner role in product development sprints.
- Coordinate collaboration between the business, UXD, the product team and technical leads to ensure new products and features are developed with all considerations for scale and market viability.
- Participate in reviews of data and processes to monitor and improve quality and efficiency.
- Produce various reports for management as needed.
- Work with the team to provide periodic competitor analysis and research uses for new technology.
- Create and present product-related presentations for both internal and external audiences as well as potentially speaking events at tradeshows or with clients
- Participate in sales and marketing efforts as an expert on product features and capabilities
- Maintain and update your backlogs, product roadmaps, and other supporting artifacts in order to maintain the highest level of transparency possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, business, management, or computer science required, Masters Preferred
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience performing Product Management duties, preferably with experience with full product lifecycle strategies and techniques.
- Experience as a product manager with Enterprise class SaaS solutions.
- Familiarity working in a governmentally regulated marketplace.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with proven INVEST quality story writing abilities.
- Excellent presentation and time management skills; ability to present to large groups required.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality work as part of a fast-paced, dynamic team.
- Strong organization skills and ability to work on multiple products
- Strong leadership and project management skills, including the ability to effectively operate across multiple SCRUM teams simultaneously in an Agile environment.
- Ability to travel up as needed – likely up to 10%.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of humility and emotional intelligence.
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes an employer matched 401(k) plan, medical/dental/vision with a generous employer contribution, company paid life insurance, voluntary STD/LTD coverage, a casual and dog-friendly office, 3 weeks paid vacation starting from your first day, maternity and paternity benefits, and a flexible work schedule!
Kalkomey Enterprises, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.