Klein Tools has a 160+ year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Senior Product Manager to be located in our Lincolnshire, IL Facility.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for developing and executing product strategy plans including three (3) year life-cycle plans for a specific product category that fit the company's selling tactics, distribution channels, strategy, and financial goals. This position ensures timely execution of marketing plans and effectively communicates critical information. This position will supply market and product data, analysis, and recommendations as needed. This position will be responsible for understanding competitive product lines and can compare and contrast product features and benefits in the creation of a compelling selling story. This position will also be responsible for understanding, initiating, and utilizing all tactical business drivers to obtain financial objectives.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Develop short- and long-term product plans designed to deliver growth and profit performance that aligns with the overall goals or the organization.
- Prepare annual plans for each major product line. Responsible for achieving plans for each major product line.
- Provide strategic, specific, and targeted recommendations for growth as the recognized expert in the competitive environment, existing internal capabilities, and potential new capabilities. Seek out, evaluate, and prioritize opportunities for product improvements, product line additions, new markets, improved merchandising, promotions, and other growth prospects.
- Responsible for maintaining a product line portfolio strategy that includes a 3 year product life-cycle plan that will include new product launches, product modifications, promotions, and end of life discontinuations.
- Provide direction and ensure timely execution of marketing plans including product launches, product modifications, and promotions to drive sales of products.
- Display leadership qualities when working with cross-functional teams and internal departments. Drives effective communication and collaboration within the organization. Foster good working relationships among team members and other functional contacts. Mentor less experienced Product Management personnel.
- Market & end user expert through interaction with sales people, distributors, and end users through a variety of venues. Collect and maintain market information. Conduct market research as necessary. Spend 10% of time in the field and documents this time and how and where it is spent learning about customer needs.
- Serve as the product expert on performance, functionality, pricing, packaging, merchandising, and value propositions to internal and external customers. Provide product-related assistance to other areas of the company as needed.
- Provide monthly narrative on major product line performance to plan focusing on product lines that are significantly above or below plan along with corrective actions. Provide recommendations for delivering growth.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Business or related technical field and ten (10) years relevant experience in consumer goods product management, or minimum of five (5) years product management combined with ten (10) years other relevant business experience. MBA or other relevant advanced degree preferred.
Must possess an in-depth understanding and proven ability in complex financial calculations, multiple market research methodologies, implementation of all marketing activities such as PR, Advertising, Promotions, POP, Packaging, developing strategic plans with pricing strategy, brand positioning, and competitive analysis. Must be capable of delivering these objectives with limited guidance. Requires previous exposure to various manufacturing/sourcing supply chains and project management proficiency.
Demonstrate strong communications skills, verbal and written. Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
Demonstrated success in identifying and justifying growth opportunities, launching new product lines and working within a stage-gate development process.
Ability to be an effective team player that takes initiative and ownership, while influencing cross-functional team. Ability to manage budgets, forecasts, and business plans to achieve financial objectives.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Onsite Employee Fitness Center
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.