▶ Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced, high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. “Brain Freeze” is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 71,100 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there’s a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It’s what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing our culture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make history with us.
▶ How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
- Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an “It Can Be Done” Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
▶ About This Opportunity
The Digital team at 7-Eleven is reimagining how consumers view convenience. As a Sr. Product Manager, you'll lead development of new experiences that will not only transform the business, but will shape our digital future. Product managers will define product strategy, develop, launch, and enhance products and services that drive our business forward. You’ll work closely with our software teams to define product requirements and coordinate resources from key stakeholders. You'll also be responsible for identifying and tracking KPIs as you build these amazing experiences. The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual with a passion for user experience and professional experience building impactful and meaningful customer experiences.
Why choose 7-Eleven? Because we are disruptors. We are makers. We are innovators. We are here to make a lasting change, and that change starts with you.
- Design, manage, and execute on the vision for 7-Eleven’s Digital Products.
- Establish or participate in Design Thinking, Agile, and LEAN rituals which establish rhythm for the team, promote ongoing communication, and iterative refinement of roadmaps.
- Lead & facilitate in-person research to gain deep customer understanding and empathy.
- Turn customer insights into actionable strategies and priorities.
- Identify immediate and/or upcoming user needs, then work with the team to develop a product plan that addresses them.
- Set product vision and lead road mapping, goal setting, story writing, project execution, A/B testing, and product roll-out strategy.
- You don’t believe in MVP, but MAE, Minimally Awesome Experience.
- Define learning plan and key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure success/failure.
- Prioritize features and tasks for the product using internal tools, tracking and reviewing the product direction and current work frequently.
- Strategically evolve and grow existing products and services to constantly deliver a better CX.
- Manage collaboration and communication with other teams, both internal and external, to ensure teams have what they need and can work efficiently.
- Test and iterate in small-scale pilots to validate concepts, refine them to achieve product-market fit, and then scale to drive vertical and horizontal economics.
- Regularly and systematically use data to uncover opportunities, track product performance, and drive decision making.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
- MBA or Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in digital product management, preferably in delivering customer-facing products/services
- Minimum of 3 years of experience translating customer needs into product features and user interface design to deliver an unparalleled customer experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity and rapidly changing environments.