Kymeta is Making Mobile Global. Come help us change the world. At Kymeta we’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. Satellite connectivity on the move can transform modern day communications as we know it and brings safety, security and new benefits to first responders, the military and to customers globally.When you really need to be continuously connected - people depend on Kymeta.
We are looking for dynamic, intelligent, high-energy individuals who will help shape our mission to offer the most innovative products, services and the best user experience in the industry. You will provide leadership and product line management for the software aspect of the Kymeta product portfolio, defining the requirements, direction, and vision, in the form of a comprehensive roadmap.
Working closely with customers, customer-facing teams, the software engineering team, and various test teams you will manage, promote, direct, plan, and coordinate activities for the development of our end-to-end software, from embedded software to our cloud-based platform. You will closely collaborate with product managers in charge of hardware and services to offer a seamless and exceptional customer experience when using our products and services.
A successful candidate will be a strategic thinker, analytical, effective communicator, resourceful, creative, customer-focused, team-oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints and evolving business needs to meet deadlines. Candidate must have the ability to understand and discuss communication system-level ideas, technical concepts and tradeoffs and evaluate options with internal and external partners and customers.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead the definition, development, launch and lifecycle management of Kymeta’s product portfolio with a focus on RF performance and software features.
- Collect, prioritize, and manage product issues and feature requests, including solicitation of issues and feature requests from internal organizations (CES, sales, engineering) and external partners and customers
- Manage product requirements specific to software and RF systems:
- Leverage JAMA and JIRA requirements tracking tools
- Lead product trade-off activities related to RF systems (G/T, EIRP, Scan loss, PSD)
- Support the software engineering team leveraging agile development methodology
- Act as Voice-of-Customer within the cross-functional product development team
- Support sales activities by creating sales tools and participating in tradeshows and various sales engagements as needed
- Participate in the planning and execution of Go To Market activities, including coordination of Beta test activities.
- Assist RF systems certification activities with satellite service operators
- Create and manage Product documentation: develop content, coordinate technical review by engineering and manage updates as needed.
Skills, Experience, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- 5 years Product Management experience
- 7 years telecommunication experience required
- Solid understanding of wireless telecommunications technologies including basic RF principles, security protocols, cloud and edge compute services such as 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Understanding of satellite comms, DVB-S2X and other waveforms, a strong plus.
- Experience with the product lifecycle management process and establishing a product vision, driving a business case and building product/solution requirements
- Familiarity with Agile development process
- Must be a self-starter with high-energy to independently drive projects toward completion with proper planning and management
- Must be passionate about technology, and understand the strategic and technical possibilities for the future of Kymeta in the land mobile wireless market
- Must have strong written, verbal, analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
As part of our hiring process we request that all applicants complete the Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment by clicking on this link: Link. The assessment will take ~5-10 minutes.
Kymeta is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.