Senior Product Manager - Search Relevancy
The Sr. Product Manager – Search Releavancy has a passion for the customer journey and experience on JCP.com. Through data analytics, observations and relationships with business partners the candidate will identify technology needs to support strategic goals, make a business case for solving them, create a roadmap to get us there, and collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to bring solutions to JCP.com. The Sr. Product Manager will own in-depth business reviews of search performance, partner with search operations teams to improve performance, present strategy to senior management, and own the search product roadmap. The Sr. Product Manager must be able to work at the strategic level to drive ideas for growth, and at the tactical level analyzing data and solving problems.
This role will focus on search relevancy and search experience across he customer shopping journey. As Search is one of the top utilized product finding methods the Sr. Product Manager and will have high visibility impact across the shopping journey and the opportunity to drive innovation. We are seeking a Sr. Product Manager who is passionate about how customers find products, how search is used to support merchandising initiatives, and how customers engage with search results as part of their product finding experience. This Sr. Product Manger is key to driving innovation in both customer experience and technology across the digital experience and driving innovation using machine learning, personalization and real-time data to improve relevancy. A successful candidate will have a bias towards data driven decision making, a test-and-learn mentality, and ability to leverage cross-functional relationships to influence others. Rapid innovation is an immediate focus for Search Relevancy and we are looking for a calculated risk-taker who knows how to “fail fast” in order to quickly optimize the product to meet our business and customers needs. As the owner for Search Relevancy on a retail website there is the opportunity to drive and influence cross-functional teams both within JCPenney and among our many vendors and external partners.
- Help create a strategic roadmap and drive requirements through partnerships with business teams
- Partner with external software providers to drive continuous improvement their roadmaps and drive innovation.
- Apply data science and machine learning models to optimize search experience
- Advocate for and develop data science and machine learning competencies across the product group.
- Manage relationships with external software providers that support the customer experience.
- Continually monitor industry trends and identify new digital opportunities to fill product gaps that drive growth
- Monitor product for all defined KPI’s to ensure best in class customer experience as part of daily DNA
- Prioritize features and drive backlog grooming based on strategy and return on investment
- Complete opportunity assessments with both defined problem statements as well as areas of uncertainty and recommending solutions
- Complete ROI models & measure financial business cases for new enhancement requests based on metrics for success
- Define business requirements and feature sets, as well as product research and platform specifications for approved release cycles
- Work across teams and projects to synchronize and manage deliverables
- Proactively identify issues and partner with key business leaders at senior levels
- Identify and develop best practices across operational teams to maintain the integrity of the customer experience
- Represent the business team in all aspects of the project life cycle
- Responsible for collaborative development of operational blueprints and training for stakeholders and documentation.
- Negotiate and resolve problems and escalate as required
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness of the product and partner on go-to-market strategies for new features.
- Ensure the jcp.com customer experience and functionality is optimized
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Passion for working in a fast pace agile digital environment is a must!
- Retail ecommerce experience required with a focus on search and search relevancy
- Relevant product management experience with proven track record of delivering successful customer facing site features and improvements to back end systems.
- Excellent analytical skills with an understanding of KPI’s and financial models to recognize a practical solution over the complicated
- Superior relationship building with cross-functional teams to deliver results through excellent partnership, communication and negotiating skills
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, adjust priorities, and work in a continuously changing environment to meet critical deadlines
- Highly motivated to be self-sufficient and able to operate without close supervision
- Experience conceptualizing, evaluating and negotiating 3rd party strategic partnerships
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
What you get:
Our corporate office, located within the exciting new development of Legacy West in Plano, Texas, supports JCPenney stores and supply chain facilities nationwide. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise. On-site campus amenities include health clinic, daycare and preschool, full cafeteria service, a fitness center, and free garage parking.
At JCPenney, we share a passion for serving customers, supporting our communities and being the best retailer for all families. As a company founded on the Golden Rule, our success is rooted in the belief that we treat everyone the way we would want to be treated. At every touchpoint, customers discover stylish merchandise at incredible value from an extensive portfolio of private, exclusive and national brands. Reinforcing this shopping experience is the customer service and warrior spirit of approximately 90,000 associates across the globe, all driving toward the Company's mission to help customers find what they love for less time, money and effort.
Working at JCPenney means joining a dedicated team of associates who are encouraged to be uniquely themselves in a safe, caring and welcoming environment. It is a place where careers prosper, accomplishments are celebrated and diversity flourishes. It’s a place that’s meant for you.
For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.