A little bit about us.
At TurboTenant, our mission is to equip independent landlords with the tools to build positive relationships with their renters and provide them an authentic rental experience. We believe in the genuine desire and ability of landlords to provide great homes for renters. We are proud that over 250,000 independent landlords have chosen to manage their rental process with TurboTenant.
At TurboTenant you can look forward to working in a fast-paced, performance-driven startup environment. We’ve all got more work to do than hours in the day, but you’ll be making a big impact on both the company and the lives of our users. There is no shortage of opportunity for a self-starter who takes ownership of their work and can execute.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead one of three product teams. This is the place for you if you want to make an impact! We empower individuals who accomplish an impressive amount of important work, make courageous decisions in the face of imperfect information, develop data informed strategies, provide and accept feedback, and scale with the challenges they face. This role reports directly to the Chief Product Officer.
As a Senior Product Manager you will:
- Manage your team’s day-to-day work, playing the role of scrum master and product owner.
- Contribute valuable ideas and feedback on the design and functionality of the TurboTenant product.
- Work as part of the TurboTenant Product Organization to accomplish quarterly and yearly OKRs.
- Utilize behavior analytics as well as user research to improve feature adoption within the product.
- Collaborate effectively with company leadership.
- Think both strategically and analytically about how to improve the product, our technology, and how we build software at TurboTenant.
- Have fun building with a talented group of builders.
You’ll need the following experience and skills in this position:
- You’ve worked closely with a small team of engineers on an application with active users, and you loved it.
- You have an understanding of scrum and have acted as Scrum Master and Product Owner.
- You can synthesize product requirements from various inputs, including customer feedback, business goals, and user data.
- You are an excellent communicator both verbally and written. You are comfortable write site, knowledge base, and user communication copy.
- You demonstrate the leadership skills required to gain the trust and respect of your product team. If you don’t have a following of engineers and designers dying to work with you again, then this isn’t the role for you.
- You have experience doing your own QA and release planning, and you have at least a basic understanding of Git Branching.
- You can work with internal stakeholders to develop a product strategy, build a roadmap, and execute against it.
- You have a basic understanding of product design principles and have worked with a product designer in the past. Bonus if you can get in Sketch and update screens using an existing design system.
- You can talk with customers, collect and organize feedback, and generate solutions that solve their true problems.
- You have experience working with behavior analytics platforms, preferably Mixpanel.
- You have 7+ years of experience in Product Management or related roles, with at least some of that time in a company the size of TurboTenant (25-50 employees).
- [Preferred Skills] You have experience walking through database architecture and are competent in SQL.
- [Preferred Experience] You have managed mobile product using React Native, Swift, or Java. You have experience working for a SAAS company with a freemium model.
You don't need to have a certain degree to apply. We care more about your work ethic, product sense, attention to detail, communication skills (especially written), a history of coworkers that loved working with you, and an eye for great products.
TurboTenant is located in beautiful Fort Collins, Colorado, and we would love it if you were too. We are looking for candidates that are willing to commute to the office a couple of days per week for in-person meetings post covid.
To apply for this position
We'd greatly appreciate a cover letter including one key experience that makes you perfect for this role and a review of one product (digital or otherwise) that you recently fell in love with and why.
We believe the two most important things we can provide our team members are:
- An environment that will push you to reach your potential.
- The opportunity to make a big impact on both TurboTenant and the proptech industry.
That being said we're also proud to offer:
- Competitive compensation and PTO package
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Paid birthday off
- 401k matching
- Generous equipment budget
- A productive office environment to use regularly or whenever you’re in town