MarketPro has teamed up with a leading global manufacturer consumer and personal care products in search of a Senior Product Manager to join their fast-growing product team in Sterling, IL( full relocation is available). This global organization has been around for over 100 years and is still family-owned and operated.
As the Senior Product Manager, you will meet high level goals are to maximize sales and profitability in Grooming and develop new market opportunities with derivative new products. You will focus on transforming our product line offering to become the preferred choice for customers. You will be involved in all phases of product development from ideation to partnering with engineering and design to build great product. This is your chance to be a part of a top-notch product team working on first of its kind high quality products.
- Responsible for the pet grooming business and strategy for North America Consumer Division to insure a deep understanding of the consumer.
- Develop deep market understanding through engagement with customers and industry thought leaders.
- Evangelize product direction and benefits to external audiences, including customers and future customers.
- Accelerate go-to-market strategy and effectiveness.
- Make strategic choices on product and commercial innovations.
- Develop and manage product line business plans
- Create business case to support growth strategy.
- Develop strategic assessments for products.
- Apply consumer insights and market research to gain understanding of consumer, customer and competitive environment.
- Determine new market opportunities / opportunities for growth.
- Manages the product life cycle management from NPD through obsolescence.
- Leads product development and leads a cross functional team to insure timely introduction of high quality products.
- Has deep understanding of the Consumer through various forms of research, such as ethnographic/psychographic research, online surveys, observational research, interviews, focus groups, product testing groups, etc. Must understand how to conduct the research, analyze results and create actionable outcomes.
- Understands the market beyond the consumer both retail customers and competitors to better position products to achieve success in the environment in which they are sold.
- Works proficiently in a fast-paced, dynamic, customer and team-oriented work environment. Meets aggressive deadlines while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years' experience in related field
- 3+ years of durable, Consumer Packaged Goods experience required
- Pragmatic marketing and / or Sirius Decisions experience preferred
- Strong research capabilities and able to analyze POS data (Nielson, IRI, and NPD)
- Microsoft office skills with strong emphasis on Excel and Power Point
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to influence
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment
- Ability to model the Company's values of respect for people, teamwork, and continuous improvement