If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
This Senior Product Manager role is responsible for profitable growth of assigned products in the OptumRx Pharmacy Care Services portfolio. Scope of work includes the design, development, management or sun-setting of new, existing or acquisition products.
This Senior Product Manager will interface with customers and the Optum Sales and Client Management teams to design, develop and commercially launch product solutions for new and existing customers, across multiple market segments and channels. Skills the role must leverage are strategic thinking, quantitative analysis, knowledge of market segments, competitive landscape, and a clear understanding of key business objectives. This role is expected to partner effectively with operations, IT, marketing, finance, sales and other functional areas; and lead cross-functional teams to develop and launch new or enhanced products.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for end-to-end product management activities for multiple products within the Pharmacy Care Services portfolio. These activities include developing a strategic vision for product offerings, effectively managing all aspects of product planning/road mapping, developing a business case, prioritization of features and commercial launch to meet the organization’s goals.
- Responsible for ensuring that the portfolio of solutions meets or exceeds revenue and market share goals
- Synthesizes competitive analysis and market assessments to inform the product strategy, prioritize investments, and establish go-to-market strategies that capitalize on market trends, customer needs and competitive positioning
- Clearly understands the competitive landscape – competitor strategies, positioning, strengths and weaknesses
- Establishes a strategic roadmap for the portfolio, including new product concepts, extensions of existing solutions, and M&A activities
- Segments markets, identifies target customers and champions market intimacy to uncover market needs
- Understands and documents macro/micro market trends and competitive threats to drive the business capability’s strategy
- Constantly collects and analyzes performance data (e.g., market, financial, and operational) in order to identify new opportunities for the business
- Engages key clients for strategic discussions on market trend impact, current issues, and new product concepts
- Cross OptumRx product value proposition development
- Coordination of Optum Innovation activities, including cross enterprise coordination (including technology and UHG) and working with the businesses to identify new areas of innovation
- Support sales for key client activities
- Creation of a product culture across the enterprise including talent development, training, career pathing, and culture
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience managing a diverse product portfolio and a deep understanding of product strategy, portfolio management and product development
- Experience in product development/execution process including project management and complex projects and activities
- Experience developing complex product strategies and plans
- PBM and/or specialty pharmacy experience
- Experience in health care network management (such as contracting, development, provider relations, etc.)
- Ability to lead business initiatives to a successful result
- Sales / client management experience
- People management / leadership experience
- Team building and culture building experience
- Business process experience
- Experience in complex, matrix organizations; knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network
- Leadership ability with cross-functional teams and consensus builder
- Ability to effectively deal with levels of ambiguity - can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, comfortably handles risk and uncertainty
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective formal presentation and facilitation skills in a variety of settings
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment in a positive and supportive manner
- Strong analytical abilities, organization and project/process management skills
- Good negotiation, problem solving, planning and decision-making skills. Accurately scopes out projects, sets objectives and goals, develops schedules and resource assignments, measures performance against goals, and evaluates results
- Strong initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to manage projects simultaneously and achieve goals. Uses resources effectively and efficiently
- Excellent follow through, attention to detail, and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of individuals at all levels of the organization
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: healthcare, health care, pharmacy benefit manager, PBM, specialty pharmacy, specialty pharmacy network, product management, product development, product strategy, network management, OptumRx, telecommute, remote, work from home