Impinj is the market leader in connecting everyday physical items to the Internet. We connected 7.1 billion such items in 2017 and more than 25 billion since our inception. We envision and are driving a future in which everyday physical items have digital counterparts, digital twins, in the cloud, and in which businesses and people engage with trillions of those physical items via their digital twins. Our mission is to deliver a platform that powers that item-to-cloud connectivity. Our vision and platform today enhance businesses efficiencies and, ultimately, we believe will improve peoples’ lives.
In this role, you will lead execution of the product roadmap and go-to-market strategy for our RAIN RFID Reader Silicon Products. This role is ideal for someone that thrives on developing new and emerging markets through compelling technology and products. You will work closely with the Product Line and Executive Management to grow both the existing RAIN Reader business in enterprise use cases, as well as target and develop new embedded IoT markets for our next generation RAIN RFID Silicon Products. You will work closely with both Sales and engineering to assess emerging business use cases for RAIN, translate them into product requirements, and supporting business plans.
You will rapidly become the domain expert, articulating the key value propositions of RAIN RFID technology and our Reader Silicon Products to industry-leading customers and partners in the rapidly growing IoT space. You will apply your knowledge to identify, develop and champion product roadmaps, reference designs, segmentation, and marketing plans for our RAIN RFID Silicon Products.
- Spend time with customers, partners and other industry experts to deeply understand the market requirements
- Develop strategy and business justification for new silicon products, including whole product (hardware reference designs, development kits, software)
- Identify new market opportunities for our Embedded Reader Silicon Products, and engage key customers and partners to help grow the market
- Define and articulate compelling product value propositions to engineers, product management, and executives at target partners and customers
- Guide a world-class engineering team by clearly understanding market requirements and identifying new product requirements to address market needs
- Establish and execute a comprehensive go-to-market strategy and plan for launching new products to market
- Manage product lifetime from launch to end-of-life, including definition of segmentation, forecasting, and marketing plans
The successful candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree of science, Electrical Engineering preferred (MBA a plus)
- 6-8+ years demonstrated excellence in silicon product management, marketing and/or business development preferably in the embedded MCU or RF space
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly pick up new technologies and become a strong product advocate
- Demonstrated ability to define whole product requirements including silicon features and supporting hardware/software
- Ability to identify, analyze and justify target markets and execute to an engagement plan
- Experience articulating value proposition at both a technology and product level
- Strong business acumen
- Experience working in and leading cross-functional teams
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% amount of the time; including international travel
We're on a mission to change the world with our technology. We're committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. Come join us.