Requisition ID: 209667
Work Area: Customer Service and Support
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Company description: SAP Hybris is an enterprise e-commerce software company focused on developing omnichannel software solutions for retailers to improve customer engagement. SAP Upscale Commerce is the latest addition to SAP Hybris family looking to reinvent the world of Commerce. Until now, customers have gone to a website destination to find, select and order their stuff—but the future doesn’t look like that. In the future, customers will expect to be able to shop anywhere: in their kitchens by using an embedded refrigerator technology, in their cars by talking to their car entertainment system, on a train by using their mobile device or in a ‘smart’ changing room in a boutique. As the customer moves from device to device, the shopping experience should remain consistent and relevant. This team is creating a new type of commerce where commerce and machine learning come together for each individual customer on any channel or device or media.
We’re looking for smart, passionate product owners to help us lead the charge in innovating commerce for the next generation. This isn’t a role where you’ll be making incremental improvements to a desktop website or product algorithm on mobile. This is a role where you’ll be instrumental in shaping the future of how retailers connect with customers online and offline, integrating IoT and machine learning every step of the way. We don’t believe that it’s all about making one sale—it’s about building true relationships with customers wherever they’ll shop in the next ten years: from their cars, using their virtual assistants, from anywhere else you can imagine. Is retail dead? We don’t think so. We believe customers are becoming less tolerant of poor retail experiences and expect more from their shopping experiences.
Get in on the ground floor of a lean, collaborative team to take SAP Hybris and commerce to the next level.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Continuously deliver and launch innovative products
- Lead products from ideation through product development and launch
- Engage with customers, clients and other relevant stakeholders to gather feedback, understand customer needs and formulate product requirements
- Work in highly collaborative agile development models (Scrum, Lean)
- Analyze technology trends and customer requirements to identify growth opportunities for the growing SAP Upscale platform
- Proactively engage and provide input for product strategy discussions, and contribute to development of product vision, design and roadmap, and ensures his/her sprint product teams have a comprehensive understanding of that vision
- Prioritize and define product backlog that reflects customer and user needs, and enrich backlog to ensure that the product team and other relevant stakeholders have a comprehensive understanding
- Constantly evaluate competitive products on basis of publicly available information to ensure his/her product is on-par or competitive in the current market
- Develops customer journeys and user stories, and validates planned and implemented scope throughout product lifecycle
- Ensures delivery of high quality software, and continuous delivery of shippable, usable product at the end of each sprint
- Contributes to creation of product-related non-code assets (such as go-to-market materials, rollout and knowledge transfer material)
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Must be able to work both independently and within a highly collaborative agile methodology
- Strong knowledge of commerce products and commerce domain expertise
- Strong knowledge of mobile native and mobile web product development
- Experience managing configurable Software as a Service (SaaS) products
- Excellent leadership and communication skills (written and verbal), good problem solving skills, ability to work with technical and non-technical staff
3-6 years product management experience for commercial products, including delivery of products from inception to launch
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.