Supervises and coordinates activities of workers in the Mill Department on three shifts. Assists Plant Manager and serves as back-up with directing and coordinating activities of the site operations and manufacturing towards the achievement of established objectives.
- Supports the Safety First mentality, and ensures the Safety Committee is supported and active.
- Assists Plant Manager in developing and implementing operational strategies and goals to meet the division's financial and non-financial objectives.
- Responsible for daily metrics to include: throughput, productivity and scrap.
- Responsible for execution of preventive maintenance of all mills on a quarterly basis.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, and/or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Schedules production personnel and maintains time and production records.
- Interprets and enforces the company policies and procedures as well as Federal and State regulations affecting the Focused Factories; assists with recommendations and implementation of changes to internal policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Completes performance appraisals on directly supervised employees.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- 5+ years of experience in a related manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or Associates degree plus 8+ years’ experience of related work.
- Well-developed management skills and work habits, including written and verbal communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong team building, decision-making, and people management skills. Must be able to communicate with production employees, other department managers and senior management.
- Sheet metal roll forming, welding and heat treat experience are preferred
- Familiarity with ISO quality standards is preferred.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.