GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Program Manager responsible for leading one or more program managers and/or teams of associated technical specialists in concept formulation, planning, design, production, testing, fielding and sustainment of major hardware simulation devices used to support pilot and maintenance training operations. Lead and execute assigned programs within the DoD Acquisition Framework including management of cost, schedule and performance attributes of major complex projects. Responsible to develop and manage manpower planning, project budgets, work break down structures, resource controls, task assignments, risk assessment and mitigation, Earned Value Management and resource provisions. Responsible for inter-corporate planning of quality control, configuration management, manufacturing/ production, and life cycle support/logistics elements of assigned projects. Responsible to assist upper management with development and implementation of corporate policies and procedures. Responsible for leading a team of multi-disciplinary people to accomplish a single goal within scheduled time constraints while meeting all of the customer requirements. Strong customer relationship and customer expectation management skills are a must.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to manage multiple projects and teams simultaneously within common processes and procedures.
- Ability to handle complex program planning, cost estimating, budgeting, financial tracking, resourcing, and monitoring of short term and long term multiple- disciplinary teams and project objectives.
- Experience in development of military training systems
- Working knowledge of Integrated Master Schedule and Integrated Master Planning principles and practices
- Experience in military operations, service, and/or military standards
- Technical understanding of the basic principles of systems engineering for hardware and software based systems
- Technical ability to read engineering drawings and top level design work products
- Awareness of Software CMMI principles and practices.
- PMP and/or DAWIA Level 3 Certification in Program Management.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned
Experience and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must have working knowledge of DoD Acquisition Frame work and associated design milestones.
- Must have working knowledge of Earned Value Management.
- Must be adept in Microsoft Office Suite including working knowledge of MS Project.
- Demonstrates experience in problem solving for complex, multi skill required issues.
- Superior interpersonal abilities and communication skills.
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, and flexible.
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS or equivalent in Engineering; will consider other related scientific or technical discipline with strong engineering background. MS or equivalent in technical management is highly desirable.
- At least twelve (12) years of specialized experience and management responsibility of teams in technical
- Experience with Deltek Software Solution a plus
WORK ENVIROMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office environment
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds