**This position preferably will sit in Portland, OR, or San Francisco, CA, however remote work is acceptable depending on experience**
New Relic is looking for a Program Manager to join our outstanding Engineering organization. Program managers play a vital role in New Relic product development, focusing particularly on large, cross-team software development and infrastructure initiatives.
Our program managers operate at two different levels:
- At the organizational, portfolio, and program level to deliver on results-oriented goals that require broad alignment and coordination across teams inside and outside of engineering.
- At the project level to plan and execute agile software development projects and build-out our SaaS infrastructure, all in lock-step with continuous customer feedback.
What You’ll Do
As a program manager, you will have a broad impact on the organization through the sophisticated initiatives you lead. Successful program managers in our organization are collaborative, adaptable, analytical, and focused.
- You will build leadership structure around large, cross-team initiatives to improve alignment, drive collaboration, and facilitate communication.
- You will lead the schedule of deliverables, planning and executing agile projects with fixed dates, flexible scope, high quality, and continuous customer feedback.
- You will work with teams to identify and handle our top risks with contingency and mitigation plans.
- You will drive tradeoff decisions to align leadership on the right level of risk for each project.
- You will establish the right amount of process to drive efficiency and consistency.
- You will help teams identify and address their bottlenecks, blockers, and dependencies.
- You will expertly facilitate productive meetings from small (3-5 people) to large (100 people or more).
- You will craft status reports that provide the context, narrative, data, clarity, and calls to action that serve as the pulse of rapidly evolving programs.
- Participate in the Program Management community of practice
- Minimum of 3-5 years of successfully leading and delivering business transformational initiatives in the product organization in cross-functional work environments.
- Minimum of 5 years of working in a hands-on role leading large-scale software products, preferably in a SaaS environment.
- Minimum of 5 years experience leading agile teams and practitioners
- Well-versed in program management fundamentals— team building, role / responsibility definition, risk management, work breakdown structures, project tracking, conflict management, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to initiate action and accountability from local and remote teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s and/or equivalent technical education experience preferred
- Experience in digital transformation, experience with cloud providers, in APM space
- Coordinated moderately to highly sophisticated programs with serious execution timelines
- Product management experience with a SaaS product
- Have helped build and/or coached a Program Management Office (PMO)
- Enthusiastic about agile software development methodologies
- Experience in a technical role as a software developer, engineering manager, or QA manager
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.