Location: Irving, TX
Perform Technical Program Management for 360L Sat + IP Embedded Client Developments.Serve as Agile ScrumMaster for these programs, interacting with cross-functional teams to ensure project goals are fully met.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Direct, manage, and deliver embedded client programs from beginning to end.
* Develop project and staffing plans and associated communications documents.
* Setup and manage an Agile development team and fill the role of Scrum Master to deliver embedded clients.
* Call, own, and conduct various team meetings (daily scrum, backlog grooming, sprint planning, demos, retrospectives).
* Directly manage Agile efforts (Sprints, Kanban efforts), monitoring status/burndown, providing regular up-to-date status, and ensuring team meets goals. Provide executive reviews, monitor productivity of all contributors, and create automated/semi-automated methods to do so.
* Effectively communicate project expectations to team members, cross-functional teams, and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
* Determine project trajectory (project burndown) based upon tasks and resources, and take measures to ensure that product/business stakeholder goals are met.
* Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and take steps to ensure that these needs are addressed
* Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
* Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
* Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team and escalate as needed to Sr. Management.
* Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
* Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
* Develop and track progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
* Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
* Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
* Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
Education: BS in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
Years of relevant experience: 8 years of experience, including 5 years of software project management experience.
Requirements and General Skills:
* Background in managing multiple, complex engineering projects in a cross-functional environment.
* Experience as a Scrum Master in running a distributed, and at times cross functional, Agile scrum team of developers, testers and product owners
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to embrace, and define when needed, best practices as they relate to Agile and Waterfall project management
* Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products and make recommendations to mitigate.
* Experience in communicating status, risks and issues to project team and Sr. Management.
* Experience in program managing mid-large sized Software Integration/Implementation projects
* Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
* Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
* Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
* Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
* Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
* Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Occasional travel required.
* Occasional after-hour work required, to support critical tasks within a 24/7 environment.
* PMI certification is a plus.
* Good public speaking and presentation skills.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
* Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Commitment to "internal client" and customer service principles.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
* Creative writing ability.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
* Extensive capability and experience to work with Software Development Tools Suites such as JIRA, Rational Team Center (RTC), etc.
* Experience with Requirements and Test Management Software such as JAMA, HPQC, etc.
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled