Lynker has an immediate opportunity for a highly experienced Senior Program Manager who will lead a large scientific and technology based operations for a key civilian government customer. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing all operations for a satellite data retrieval, archiving, and dissemination center as well as managing maintenance support staff activities including systems and software engineers, remote sensing scientists, customer service representatives, and systems and network administration staff.
The Senior Program Manager should have experience in managing large federal contracts with a team of over 100 contractor staff in various geographic locations. This candidate will manage all aspects of this contract including scheduling, staffing, technical performance, and will ensure all customer deliverables meet or exceed requirements. The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for the reporting of task order status, program risks or concerns, organizational changes and personnel metrics, budgetary details and will be responsible for direct communications with the customer and with Lynker management.
Key Job Functions
- Helps develop, scope, budget, and schedules for government task orders and then is responsible for execution of all task orders
- Manages entire contract organization including divisions focused on science, computer networking, data archiving, communications, and satellite downlink operations
- Identifies all necessary resources needed to fulfill task order and manages the acquisition and installment of resources, whether for staffing, equipment, facilities, supplies, or software
- Deliverers timely contract reviews to both government and Dewberry regarding status of task orders, organizational issues, program risks and opportunities, budget and schedule metrics
- Ensures all company and government safety and other employee policies are fulfilled
- Promotes and instills a collaborative atmosphere between Dewberry staff and the various government offices and divisions
- Offers high level strategic direction and support to the program, continuously looking for gains in efficiency and better management practices
Required Skills and Education
- Over 10 years of experience in managing large federal government contracts (100+ staff) providing data center environment support, geospatial tool development and engineering services.
- Over 10 years of direct on-site experience imaging satellite, and remote sensing programs
- Strong business acumen – highly capable of meeting tight acquisition and engineering timelines in coordination with multiple vendor partners, both large and small
- Technically proficient – conversant in modern engineering, network, and cloud solutions, as well as remote sensing activities from satellite downlink, data archiving, image processing, and data dissemination
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, management, geography, business or related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certified
- Program experience employing earned value management system (EVMS)
Preferred Skills and Education
- Master’s degree in engineering, management, geography, business or related fields
- Over 15 years of experience providing program management for large data center environments or engineering services programs
Lynker Technologies, LLC is a growing, Hub-zone certified small business specializing in professional, scientific and technical services. Our continually expanding team combines scientific expertise with mature, results-driven processes and tools to achieve technically sound, cost effective solutions in hydrology/water sciences, geospatial analysis, information technology, resource management, conservation, and management and business process improvement.
We focus on putting the right people in the right place to be effective. And having the right people is critical for success. Our streamlined organization enables and empowers our talented professionals to tackle our customers’ scientific and technical priorities – creatively and effectively.
Lynker offers a team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries and benefits, and the opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled and diverse professionals who embrace sound science and creative solutions.
Lynker is an E-Verify employer.
Lynker Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.