The Senior Program Subcontract Manager will be responsible for all subcontract management related activities throughout program phases including: identifying sources of supply, solicitation development, contract and subcontract formulation and execution, and post award management. The Senior Program Subcontract Manager will be also responsible for developing & writing contract language for subcontracts and purchase orders which meet program specific requirements and also participate in establishing teaming agreements with suppliers.
- Oversees contract creation and manages all scope, deliverable, budget and schedule commitments and the business to business relationship between ESA and its suppliers.
- Develops/writes solicitations & contract language for subcontracts and purchase orders which meet program specific requirements.
- Prepares/leads negotiations & documentation of related files.
- Responsible for all aspects of the subcontract management lifecycle including the formulation of solicitation response content, and the formulation and execution of specific sourcing strategies.
- Leads efforts to proactively identify and resolve all issues impacting subcontract performance and business to business commitments across the multifunctional program teams.
- Works closely with program management, engineering, quality assurance, finance and contracts to drive compliance with all business policy, procedure, Federal Acquisition Regulation and Foreign Military Financing guidelines.
- Works closely with program and technical management personnel in ESL and ESA to identify and develop potential sources of supply
- Develops and plans the sourcing strategy to support production requirements and the development of s supply base, specifically focusing on key supplier relationships.
- Leads the supplier evaluation and selection efforts required to support short term and long term business unit initiatives.
- Integrates and communicates as required with programs, engineering, quality, and finance functional representatives.
- Develops and negotiates teaming agreements with suppliers.
- Develops plans and actions to assure;
- Achievement of program, business unit and subcontract goals.
- Compliance to policies and procedures as well as public law.
- Assures FMF eligibility of items being procured.
- Maintains compliance subcontract and purchase order files.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor degree required
- Preferred: ISM, APICS, NCMA
- Functional (Using Skill Set): 10+ years
- Management: 3-5 years
- Industry: 5-10 years
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required ):
- Proven experience in Managing subcontracted Programs.
- Strong knowledge of contracting suppliers and business law.
- Strong communication skill both verbal and electronic and strong negotiation skills.
- Aware of technical aspects associated with the production of the goods to be produced or services to be provided.
- Proven experience with electronics manufacturing, mechanical design and manufacturing processes and product manufacturing and maintenance related processes
- Strong program/project management experience including: schedule, budget, risk management.
- FAR/DFARS – strong working knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Foreign Military Finance Guidelines - preferred
- Aerospace, Military or similar industry.
- Demonstrated electronic/mechanical knowledge.
- Knowledge of fixed pricing agreements and vendor managed inventory.
- Quality assurance procedures, systems and methods.
- Experience and knowledge with subcontracting measuring systems, experience with Vendor Management Systems (VRS)