Responsible for leading the development of business applications and process automation built within the Pegasystems Infinity Platform. These solutions will improve member experience with the credit union, enhance user experience and optimize daily job activities of business line customers across multiple business domains. This position is a technical lead position responsible for leading the team through design, development, testing, implementation and support of the solutions created while also becoming the technical POC.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead activities for development team to analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware, operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Define development standards including design patterns, technologies, continuous integration techniques, incorporation of dev operations and establishment of automated testing.
- Apply theories and methods to solve complex technological problems
- Personally author, refactor, test and debug programs of difficult complexity. Research and recommend changes where technology can be leveraged within the overall application environment to improve efficiency, lower costs and enhance the quality of business applications.
- Assist management in making strategic decisions regarding software and hardware use.
- Participate in the early stages of large project development to ensure consistent approaches in the technical design across projects/programs.
- Lead, develop, motivate and manage a team of Programmer Analysts helping with technology issues and resolving dependencies.
- Mentor developers in the interpretation of architectural principles and in the application of technologies.
- Review design and code quality developed by fellow team members holding them accountable to following the established design and development standards.
- Participate in providing training and support for users on programs and systems and related functions.
- Develop program and system implementation plans, contingency plans and failback plans as required with industry standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with Pegasystems, Java and Microsoft environments including relational databases such as Microsoft SQL.
- Experience designing and developing applications within a vendor platform framework such as Pegasystems or Salesforce.
- Ability to lead, influence, mentor and provide feedback to others within team.
- Ability to transition concepts into stable and supportable software solutions.
- Strong problem solving and Analytical skills
- Professional experience in gathering requirements and authoring programming specifications.
- Excellent and professional oral and written communications skills. Ability to present technical and non-technical material adapted to the respective audience.
- Ability to work under time critical and high stress situations in a regulated financial environment.
- Understanding of bank or credit union operations and technology including online, mobile and branch channels as well as branch and back-office functions including debit and credit card systems.
- Basic understanding of bank or credit union regulatory and security requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Programming, Information Technology, or a related field or four years of equivalent work experience.
- 1+ year of experience as a Systems Architect in the Design, Development, Migration, Deployment and integration of Pega Rules Process Commander (PRPC) and Java/J2EE.
- 1+ years of working experience in Agile Scrum environment.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment screening.
- Experience in Pega Infinity 8
- Experience in Symitar PowerOn programming or other proprietary software language
- Modern CSS framework (ex. Bootstrap, Angular)
- Experience with SOAP and RESTful development
Travel & Expected Hours of Work
- Normal business IT environment hours
- Ability to be on-call 24x7 on a rotating basis and for emergencies as necessary.
Typically located in a comfortable, quiet indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, strong drafts, or bright lights.
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift objects.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Ability to move about and communicate with a diverse membership and employee group.
- Ability to accomplish the described responsibilities through the use of computers and technology.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a changing, challenging and fast paced work environment with variable stress levels.