The Senior Project Accountant, as a key participant in financial reporting, will provide timely and accurate information reporting, including responsibilities for job cost tracking, construction draw management, balance sheet reconciliations, processing bank draws, research, and communication with project managers on project status and payment approvals.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the financial aspects of the POC Revenue recognition process, including assuring compliance with related corporate policy over maintaining processes to determine cost-to- complete, loss reserves, segmentation, etc.
- Review, edit and assist in drafting responses to customer-proposed financial terms and conditions for strategic bid opportunities
- Review all modifications to standard TAS financial terms proposed by customers and approve or negotiate modifications within authorized guidelines May direct the activities of other accountants in the division.
- Work closely with the Application Engineering and Sales team to manage and minimize margin leakage between bid review and contract signature
- Audit and control financial models to provide continuous and accurate reporting on jobs in progress
- Lead and participate in teams to improve processes and performance (all financial or cross-functional teams), including the use of process maps
- Ad hoc financial reporting and analyses
- Document and maintain financial processes and procedures
- Participate on cross-functional or financial process-improvement teams.
- Advise senior management of non-standard contractual issues which can create financial and business risks to TAS or its partners
- Contribute to business development by analyzing proposal pricing and requirements against financial hurdles
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and guidelines, delegation of authority, deviation approval process and terms and conditions limitations
- Drive productivity and process improvements utilizing six sigma and lean methodologies and tools
- Provide business with transactional and competitive feedback
- Any other task and responsibility as assigned by TAS.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Expert computer skills, specifically in 2016 Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.).
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Business degree and a minimum of five (5) years of related experience
- Financial experience in project accounting using the percentage-of-completion method, construction and bid analysis
- Demonstrated self-confidence and a customer mindset
- Strong process skills and discipline
- Demonstrated prioritization skills and ability to manage multiple priorities within demanding time constraints
- Highly effective communications and influencing skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to succeed in a matrix, team environment
- Previous Project Management accounting or other technical experience
- International experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Position is at least 80% to 95% at a desk working with computer. Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Performs other physical activities including use of fingers, sitting, stooping, bending, crouching, talking, hearing, and performing repetitive motions. Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision necessary to prepare and analyze data and figures, operate a computer terminal, and conduct extensive reading. The incumbent will be subject to inside environmental conditions.
Join a team driven to excel in all that we do! When you join TAS, you join a Houston-headquartered private company with a solid reputation built on outstanding value, integrity, and customer focus. We offer our customers and employees the best of both worlds: a small company feel with the resources, talent, process, and international reach of a large company.
TAS delivers innovative packaged modular systems that are engineered and manufactured in one of our Houston, TX facilities and utilized in data centers, power, and commercial/industrial utility system applications. TAS has successfully delivered and commissioned over 520 packages to over 33 countries. The company is headquartered in Houston, TX and has three ISO 9001 certified manufacturing facilities in Houston, encompassing 600,000 sq. feet with proximity to major shipping ports and interstate highways. TAS manages all logistics and transportation facilitating accelerated construction at customer’s facilities.
TAS’ fastest growing business is the data center market. By applying deep expertise in cooling, thermodynamics, and power, TAS has developed an entire product line that revolutionizes data center delivery.
With our tremendous market potential, advanced technological systems, entrepreneurial culture as well as a talented and productive workforce, we continue to set and exceed aggressive market penetration and financial goals. More information is available at the company website at: www.tas.com.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: TAS has implemented a non-smoking hiring policy effective January 1, 2012 under which Individuals considered for employment will need to pass a drug test which includes a nicotine panel.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Applications and resumes will be kept on file for a limited time and that the Company is under no duty or obligation to contact applicants if they are not selected for the job applied for or if other jobs become available in the future. Applicants that desire to apply for a job that becomes available at the Company in the future, should submit a new employment application or resume.
TAS Energy Inc. guarantees equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.