PEOPLE FIRST: BUILDING TALENT BY DESIGN
Who is Southland Energy?
As a division of Southland Industries , Southland Energy is a national provider of performance-based energy and infrastructure solutions with roots in one of the nation’s leading MEP building systems companies. We leverage our design build engineering and construction expertise to help our clients reduce their operating expenses, renew their infrastructure, and make their facilities more resilient. Southland Energy combines a self-performance project delivery model with world-class energy engineering expertise to develop, construct and sustain the most cost-effective and reliable solutions in the industry.
Why Join Southland Energy?
Southland Energy is rapidly growing to meet our clients’ demands for providing turn-key facility life-cycle solutions. We’re building an industry-leading team with the capabilities to plan, execute, and sustain all elements of our clients’ energy infrastructure.
As a privately held Company, we have the autonomy, agility and flexibility to quickly develop and execute customized solutions that meet our clients’ unique and diverse goals. Our employees experience a streamlined business structure that encourages innovation and entrepreneurial spirit while also providing the tools and support necessary to deliver outstanding projects for our clients.
Our people-first culture provides opportunities for personal and professional development and our work environment is progressive, exciting, supportive, and fun.
If you're ready to own your success and be a part of an industry-changing team, then Southland Energy is for you!
What will you do?
As the Senior Project Developer, you will develop energy solutions well suited to the technical and business needs of our customers across the commercial, municipal and federal energy markets. In this role you will be responsible for creating collaboratively developed technical and financial solutions that help our clients achieve their efficiency, sustainability and reliability goals.
As the Sr. Project Developer, you will manage multiple technical resources to fulfill project objectives and deliverables. In this position you will be accountable for leading the technical project development including business development support, technical approach to preliminary and detailed assessments, schedules, leading client workshops and in cohesion with the Business Development and Solutions Executive leader, responsible to sell a successful project.
Some key accountabilities you will have as the Senior Project Developer include…
- Coordinate visits to customer project sites to investigate existing mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing systems and document energy performance information, including utility data and facility design drawings
- Work collaboratively with sales and operations in the development, sale, risk management, procurement and execution of the performance contracts
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for energy conservation, efficiency, or renewable technology and assist with preparation of related energy savings calculations and technical assessment
- Develop clear basis of design and other written documentation concerning recommended ECM’s, including accurate descriptions, savings potential, cost estimates and back up data to verify ECM’s
- Provide leadership to development activities and input into the design process in support of scope of work definition, construction approach and ongoing O&M of the energy projects developed
- Collaborate with internal and external design engineering resources to support conceptual and detailed engineering design and bid documents, cost estimates, drawings, and specifications for energy efficient building technology and system measures
- Coordinate with vendors, installation contractors and internal project management teams for feasibility, scoping and pricing of proposed project scopes of work and participate in client meetings and presentations
- Provide technical guidance throughout development, construction, project commissioning, and operations, including proposals, reports, cost estimates, and presentations
- Prepare financial models related to payment including an understanding of ROI, life cycle costing and internal rate of return for the customer, and ensure successful project implementation that meets or exceeds company objectives, financial parameters, and technical needs required to deliver customer energy cost savings
- Support the business goals of Southland Energy by participating in engineering consulting studies on an as needed basis where it is deemed in the interest of Southland
Things you may have done before
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, business or closely related field
- Must have 10 years of construction engineering experience which must also include a minimum of 5 years of developing and delivering energy projects from concept to final execution in federal and municipal energy markets
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, quantify, and qualify energy savings and implement complex technical solutions involving supply side savings opportunities, HVAC, water conservation, waste management, distributed generation and renewable energy technologies
- Strong communication skills and the interest and ability to lead diverse teams with participation both within and outside of Southland Energy
- Awareness of construction practices as they relate to mechanical, electrical and plumbing system installation
- Understanding of the financial planning and budgeting and analysis required to develop and present clear business cases for customers and Southland leadership
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of ESCO/Energy Industry experience specific to energy audits, studies and overall energy analysis
- This experience must also include a strong knowledge of HVAC, lighting, water-use, metering, and generation technologies and an awareness of building energy modeling
- Must be able and willing to travel 30% of the time.
How will you grow with the organization?
Southland Energy prides itself on impressive, sustainable growth and our philosophy on talent is no different. All Southland Industries divisions commit to Attracting the right talent, while fostering talent retention through diverse career experiences.
How does Southland make sure you are growing in your career? Along with training opportunities, Southland Industries’ “connected solution” approach provides opportunities to work both with industry experts in the Energy division as well as across all Southland divisions to gain unique exposure to these construction and engineering disciplines. Through this cohesive and collaborative work dynamic we often see our people change roles, teams, divisions, and locations as they grow with the company and progress in their career!
As an employee-owned company, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes excellent benefits for you and your family:
- 401(k) Planwith50% Company Match(no cap) and immediate 100% vesting
- Annual bonus program based upon performance, profitability, and achievement
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance 100% Paid for Employee
- Term Life, AD&D Insurance, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Disability Income Protection Insurance
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Plans (Health and Dependent Care)
- Holidays/Vacation/Personal Time/Life Events Leave
- Numerous training opportunities and company paid membership for professional associations and licenses
To hear what our employees are saying about working at Southland Industries, check out our Career Video -Working at Southland
Southland Industries and all its subsidiaries are anEqual Opportunity Employerand prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing our employees with a safe work environment free of discrimination and harassment.All employment decisions at Southland Industries are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, gender, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, family care or medical leave status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Southland Industries will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
**All employment offers are contingent upon successful, drug test, background check and professional reference checks. ****We are not able to offer sponsorship of employment at this time**
If you don’t feel this position is match for you, we encourage you to share it with others. Feel free to share throughout your social networks and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram to keep up to date on what we’re doing as a company.