Join Land O'Lakes, and you join boundless thinkers and doers from all walks of life working together to feed the world. Take pride in working with some of America's favorite brands, including Purina Animal Nutrition, WinField United, Vermont Creamery and KozyShack, and more.
You'll be joining a team committed to e verything from the seeds that go into the ground, to the technology that improves crop yields and sustainability, to the grain that animals eat to produce milk, to marketing the final product, like our many legendary products.
We're looking for audacious optimists and innovative thinkers to help us meet food's toughest challenges.
Senior Project Engineer 2
The Senior Project Engineer role ensures delivery of engineering services for the Tulare facility. Provides technical leadership and direction in developing and executing capital strategies. Focus on driving productivity, technology advancements, infrastructure upgrades and product commercialization while assuring highest levels of safety, quality, sanitation and regulatory compliance. Direct responsibility for managing large/complex multi-million-dollar capital projects.
- Designs, specifies and commissions capital projects which deliver project scope, on-time and on budget, meeting stakeholder expectations.
- Remain current with latest emerging industry regulations and codes relative to mechanical and electrical systems design and operation.
- Ensures Corporate policies and standards are followed in capital project implementation.
- Promotes a safe and environmentally sound workplace that complies with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Customize and facilitate training as necessary.
- Conduct plant assessments to identify asset deficiencies; execute corrective action as required.
- Work with plant management / corporate functions on project planning involving business growth / innovation, quality improvement, safety, etc.
- Job requires solid technical knowledge and skills along with project planning capability.
- The ideal person will remain current on existing and emerging technical advances of equipment, facilities and process controls.
Required Experience / Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline and 5 plus years engineering project management in industrial manufacturing. Dairy/Food manufacturing highly preferred.
- Experience managing capital projects in excess of $1MM plus.
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Improvement (CI) Processes.
- Knowledge of Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures desirable.
- Thorough understanding of the process and systems engineering.
- Ability to understand root cause of problems and develop solutions is critical to success. Fact based reasoning and recommendations are essential to optimizing process variables and systems. Visualize process and building revisions and improvements.
- This role will require occasional off shift hours and weekends as needed.
Preferred Experience / Knowledge:
- Food or Dairy Manufacturing experience.
- Identifying & Managing energy efficient/performance enhancing projects.
Competencies Skills Required:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills Professional and mature interpersonal and leadership skills to sell and implement improvement projects.
- Manages project budgets; quantifies cost impacts of projects and effectively establishes cost-benefit analysis.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, AutoCAD and Project.
- Advanced project management principles (Project mgmt certification preferred).
- Adaptability to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to "think outside of the box" - Find innovative solutions to complex engineering problems.
- Shop floor setting will result in exposure to hot and cold temperatures, noise, fumes, limited dust, and oil. Requires walking, climbing, bending, and occasional lifting of material up to 50 pounds
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O'Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law ( English | Spanish | Chinese )
- EOE is the Law Supplement ( English | Spanish | Chinese )
- Land O'Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Work From Home
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Employee Events
- Donation-Matching Program
- Paid sick days
- Long Term Disability
- Free Food and Coffee
- Health Care On Site
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Holidays
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/paid time off
- On Site Cafeteria
- Concierge Services
- Flexible Schedules
- Tuition Reimbursement